AVIC411.com

Avic / GMOS-01 Install Question

I am sort of embarrassed to ask this but I'm in the process of installing my new head unit. Its an AVIC X series and the harness has the bypass done and the wires are grounded. My only question is what do I do with these wires on the GMOS-01 harness...Do they need connected if I did the bypass or do I just tape them and leave them disconnected

--------------From the GMOS Manual-------------------

1) Green wire to the parking brake wire of the aftermarket navigation radio.

2) Blue/pink wire to the VSS or speed sense wire of the aftermarket navigation radio.

3) Green/purple wire to the reverse wire of the aftermarket navigation radio.

avic.png

well you defently want to leave the parking brake wire (from the GMOS) unhooked, just insulate the end with tape so it doesn't short out.

then if your unit has VSS and reverse, do hook them up, VSS (if equipped) will make your nav system more accurate and reliable, and reverse lets the radio know when the car is backing up and turns on the camera input (if enabled)

Ah thanks for your reply. I should have specified, I am installing a x710bt in a H3 Hummer. I also will be installing a backup cam, so I will hook up the reverse wire. I'm still not sure what to do with the VSS wire though?

i dont believe that the 710 has a VSS wire (the f700 didn't) but the 910 does, so then you would just leave it unconnected, make sure to tape it off so that it doesn't short out

• 2 weeks later...
Stupid question, but...

1)Does the pioneer Blue wire get connected to the 2 Blue/White wires on the GMOS-01

I'm not sure about these last few.

no, the avic's blue/white wire connects to the gmos's blue/white wire

blue = power antenna

blue/white = remote amp turn on

if you connected the avic's blue wire to the gmos's blue/white wire then the avic would tell the gmos to only turn on te factory amp when the radio is the active source and not when listening to CD's and other stuff