AVIC411.com

900bt backup camera problems PLEASE HELP

Have a 2004 NBS f150 supercrew. My HU is the f-900bt and works great but my problem is i have a pioneer back-up camera that is having a issue. I hooked it all up started the truck went into the settings menu and turned on the back camera option.....nothing. shut off started truck again and the camera came up now thats all i have is the image from the camera on the screen no matter what gear i am in......I hooked it up as follows: wire from camera into truck and plugged into box from there i ran rca to deck and plugged into brown reverse connection. then a grounded the black wire out of the box and the red wire i tapped into the fatter orangeish wire that runs all the way to the back of the truck in the 7-pin trailer plug wich is a hot wire when key/ignition-on. Then the wire on the back of the headunit that was labeled reverse, i ran a wire from there to the drivers side sill plate and tapped into the black/redish pink wire that i traced to the back of the truck that goes to the tail lights.

ANY help would be appriciated trying to get it sorted out before i take the truck on vacation next week,

THANKS

well you might have grabbed the wrong wire for the reverse lights(you may need to tap into the other wire at the light) or you might need to change the polarity for the wire in the settings, if you cant get into the settings because the camera is always on, then disconnect the reverse wire coming out of the avic temporarily