AVIC411.com

Mic distorted during bluetooth use...

does anyone else have a problem of people saying that your phone sound bad ? like your underwater, or a lot of background noise ? this system is new to me and Im not sure if this is how it is, or is my mic defective.. I have radio off windows close and parked, still the person on the other end, say's i sound far away, or underwater.. Any Ideas?

thanks

does anyone else have a problem of people saying that your phone sound bad ? like your underwater, or a lot of background noise ? this system is new to me and Im not sure if this is how it is, or is my mic defective.. I have radio off windows close and parked, still the person on the other end, say's i sound far away, or underwater.. Any Ideas?

thanks

this is a problem alot of people have, and then alot don't - start searching this forum for "bluetooth", and also contact Pioneer tech support and complain.

• 3 months later...

thanks

The night i got my truck I tried out phone calls cause it was one of the main reasons I got the x920BT and it was awful. I didn't know you could set the mute level to 100% or full mute so It was playing music and the mic was picking it up, and then then I would mute it and call people back and it still sucked people could barely understand me and i was almost yelling. My installer put this at first by the A pillar and I called them and they moved it at no charge to the middle of the truck over the mirror and showed me how to mute the sound level during calls. made all the difference. everyone i talk to now says it sounds great. this was in an f-150. just to the left of the mirror arm. id move the mic around, they told me they act differently in every vehicle and sometimes they have to move them a few times to find a place they work well but there is always a sweet spot. so move it around!