AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

OK here is what I did step by step and for some reason I can't get the Z110BT to prompt me for the password when I install the SD card. I am thinking it has something to do with the Pioneer download, it may be patched or something. I am using a 8GB card, and I have several of them trying to get different ones to work.

1: I downloaded ShortFuse.zip

2: I downloaded from Pioneer

3: I replaced both files with the ShortFuse ones.

4: I formatted the card as instructed.

5: Installed the card into the Z110 and it updated.

6: Downloaded the torrent and unzipped it

7: Formatted another card (absolutely nothing on it)

8: Installed the three files onto the card, Firmware, Update & CARDINFO

9: Put the SD card into the Z110 and ..... NOTHING.

10: Got the same card from steps 1-5 and formatted it.

11: Installed the three files onto the card, Firmware, Update and CARDINFO

12: Put the SD card into the Z110 and ..... NOTHING.

13: Formatted both cards AGAIN, downloaded the files AGAIN, installed and still can't get the Z110 to ask me for a password.

14: Just to see if it would work, I updated the BT profile to make sure the card reader on the Z110 was working.

15: Installed the 2nd BT update perfectly.

Please help me figure out where the problem is. I am using three different SD cards (8GB and 4GB) and downloading the files repeatedly to make 100% sure everything is working. I am following the instructions and the only thing I can come up with is the Pioneer download has been updated or patched.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After downloading and upzipping the file 5 or 6 times (and putting it on the SD and formatting every time) I got it to work. Didn't do anything different, just kept formatting the card and moving the file over to the SD and installing into the radio. Finally it worked.

I am using a factory Pioneer mic and not having any of the issues other people are talking about. It sounds crystal clear and works perfectly. It's actually the best BT I've ever used.

Blackberry Curve

Iphone 4

HTC Evo (Android)

And some other crappy phone

All are working perfect.

After downloading and upzipping the file 5 or 6 times (and putting it on the SD and formatting every time) I got it to work. Didn't do anything different, just kept formatting the card and moving the file over to the SD and installing into the radio. Finally it worked.

I am using a factory Pioneer mic and not having any of the issues other people are talking about. It sounds crystal clear and works perfectly. It's actually the best BT I've ever used.

Blackberry Curve

Iphone 4

HTC Evo (Android)

And some other crappy phone

All are working perfect.

Glad you finally got it working. Sometimes it takes a lot of persistence. Thanks for posting your resolution - it will encourage others who might otherwise just give-up.

Also good news on the mic quality. Some people call it a BT problem, but there is nothing wrong with the BT, per se. The weak link is the mic's sensitivity and finding a good location. I think a lot depends on the noise environment in the car. Mine is sort of loud - engine/exhaust/tire noises. The mic picks up all that too. But I don't expect it to sound like I'm in my office or living room. So I have no complaints.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI, I just got the "insert correct SD card" error message a little into the OS upgrade, and I'm pretty sure it was caused by the cheap USB SD card reader that I have. I tried it twice on the cheap card reader (including a full format on the second attempt) and it failed both times at about 3%. I then decided to try the same SD card on a laptop with a built-in card reader, and it worked on the first try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a question, and sorry I do not understand this upload (not very good with computers)

I see on the Pioneer website the map upgrade is now 99.00

Is this what this upgrade does?

Can I just purchase the map upgrade and it is the same?

Thanks

Bryan

Thank you all! It worked perfectly for me. Icing on the cake is that I got AVIC Feed app to work again! Win. :-D

Next mod, back up camera and probably the traffic tuner (ND-TMC10).

Don't hook-up the ND-TMC10 until you install the soon-to-be released upgrade. It's been reported that without that, the HU won't support the new tuner - and you'll get errors.