AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

Format SD (Right click sd card under my computer and format) format in FAT32 DEFAULT ALLOCATION SIZE!!!!!! The card needs to be 4gb or larger to complete all steps!

Now Copy the folder

c:/update/AVICZ110

to the root of the SD card.

Lets say your sd card is j: drive.

You will now have one folder on the j: drive.

j:/AVICZ110 (Plus all the contents of this folder.)

Now insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

Directly from john_tsouris post on 27 Feb 2011 @ 11:01 AM

OK, you said your SD had 1 file in the previous post. I assume ShortFuse's patched files are already in the correct directories in your C:\update folder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow just like the other users stated. Follow the instructions to the letter and you will be in good shape. I had a couple of problems the first time because I didn't copy over the .dll and it dldnt let me enter in the letters as password. but once I copied and replaced the files for the first part of the update everything else worked perfectly without a hitch. this is awesome. Thanks to everybody involved for making this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been doing this upload today and I am in the middle of the first sd card OS update and my system is frozen at 39 per cent saying wrong sd card inserted. Any helpfull ideas?

So my solution was not using such a massive sd card (32G) but using a 8G and the problem was solved.

So my solution was not using such a massive sd card (32G) but using a 8G and the problem was solved.

Thanks for posting your solution. You'd be suprised how many people have similar problems. Hardly any ever say what they did to get by it. Those who never had any issues, have no clue on how to proceed except "try again. Try a different SD...". We kind of get tired of repeating the same advice.

BTW, the back of the manual says 16GB SD max. So odds are that you are out-of-luck using that 32 gigger for MP3s or vids. But give it a try, you might get lucky.

i want to know what i did wrong.

Are you kidding? With no information other than "I try like 4times not working", we're supposed to figure out what you did wrong?

You need to go back and read - 1st the instructions, then all the posts. The instructions are correct, so you did something wrong or you mis-interpretted them.

If you have a specific question about any step, ask.

And once you figure out your problem, post the solution so others can learn.

So let me ask the real ignorant question here (and by no means with any intent to insult the contributors to this post).

i followed Shortfuse's instructions and succeeded in all updates. now sitting on version 2.0000 and 3.11 for bluetooth; but really, is all i got out of this upgrade a flashy new UI for the A/V features?? still cant jump to the artists/albums/etc. using the index... says "not found" when i select "F" to jump to foo fighters, for example. maybe it's an ipod issue?

everything else looks the exact same;

what is ECO? that seems new;

not sure if the handsfree/voice-guided features for anything has improved yet. it used to take 10 minutes for the engine to "start up" and never understood what i said;

oh, and the stock microphone quality is still bullsh... people hate speaking to me via BT when im on the road. thank goodness i paid premium for that function :/

sorry for the frustration, but what really did i get out of this? i ask for sanity, and any suggestions/advice regarding my other issues with the AVIC would be respectfully received. educate me!

also, what are the references above to 2.03? did i miss something? is there another upgrade worth installing? what is the forecast for avic o/s v3??

THANKS

Need help, please. I am stuck.

I downloaded the first part and replaced the files just fine. Installed those without a problem.

I downloaded the torrent, unzipped it and installed it to the SD card. When I install the SD card it will NOT prompt me for the password. Yet I did the BT update just to see if it would work and it did (both of them).

Now I am trying to get the unit to ask for the password and it wont. Please help?