AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

I must suck. I can not get this to work for the life of me. I not computer savvy. Any one local or in the oc socal that would like a 12 pck to do this!

I can help you out. Just did it recently so I am sure with both of us, we can get you going. Shoot me a PM and we can take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this have the updated US maps for the 110? If not any idea where I can find the US map pack?

The topic of this thread is updating the z110 to z120, so I am assuming that is the update you are asking about (not the Z1x0 > z130), which is available from Pioneer but has not yet been posted. Yes, this will update the maps of your Z110 to 2010 maps. No, the map pack is not available separately.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, First off... Shortfuse and the rest of the guys that helped put all this together, you guys rock!!

Followed all the steps, and everything works like a champ. I've done so much reading in these threads before I tried, I just wanted to have some things confirmed or corrected.

My service info shows 2.000 instead of 2.003. When I go to Pioneers site to search for a 2.003 update, I get the same file name as the one all this started with, AVICZ110. Do I just re run this again to update, or is the latest link for this at the beginning of thread including it, and it just says 2.000, kinda like shortfuse's 1.002 mod shows 1.000 after its done?

Thanks, and sorry in advance if I missed this tidbit somewhere. Now where is that Paypal link?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

when i start this process

You can do all this from one sd card or two.

Once torrent is downloaded.

You will have a folder CNSD-110FM default location under c:doc settingsyour usernamedownloads

Open the folder c:doc settingsyour usernamedownloadsCNSD-110FM you will see two more folders

default location

c:doc settingsyour usernamedownloadsCNSD-110FMSD1

and

c:doc settingsyour usernamedownloadsCNSD-110FMSD2

Open these folders and extract contents with winrar to

c:uploadsCNSD-110FM-SD1

c:uploadsCNSD-110FM-SD2

TIME for another FAT32 format

Format your SD card in fat32 right click on the sd card and select format under my computer.

Copy content of folder c:updateCNSD-110FM-SD1

and put it on the root of the SD drive.

lets say sd drive is is j: drive it really could be any letter f: u: c: k: .. I don't know the driver letter for your SD card. ( You do have a SD card reader RIGHT?) :mrgreen:

you will have two folders and one file on j: drive

j:Firmware (folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:Update (folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:CARDINFO.cif (file)

now take the sd card and put it in the z110bt

This will start the upgrade it will ask for serial.. just type leters until you can type no more.. (no numbers) letters only.Then continue. This takes about 25 min..

when the pass word comes up i enter what ever password as you say and it say invalid pass code.. aka re enter pass code. ?? i must be doin it wrong.

i do appreciate everything Shortfuse.

But ive come to the conclusion that 1.001 can not be updated to verision 2.0 and so forth. ive done every step correct 10 times.. on 3 different types on sd cards.... some times it would ask for a password and i entered the ones that ive seen on here aka "PASSWORDPASSWORD" then few times i got it to say update failed and have it repeat the process update failed until press eject. and then some times it would just play the wav sounds when i got the 1.001 from pioneer and then used your upgrade unlocker.... the BT was easy to install and upgrade that was no problem at all to 3.11. .....any ideas whats goin on for z11 vert to z12 for me "1.001?

...you would think if you updated the blue tooth to 3..11 you think they would give more phone model options in there for you

I never pair that way. I always select "Register from mobile phone". Then that menu option doesn't matter. I don't know why they even bothered with it when there are 100's of phones out there. Maybe those phones are exceptions that require special settings to work.

I never pair that way. I always select "Register from mobile phone". Then that menu option doesn't matter. I don't know why they even bothered with it when there are 100's of phones out there. Maybe those phones are exceptions that require special settings to work.

ya i got ya.. it is a pain in the ass to pair as well with phones. on the z11.. also here is my final Upgrade progress.. im happy now :)

all updates passed 3.00- or 3.001

3001qt.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us