AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did exactly what the instructions said...it loaded untill 99% and says to insert correct sd card... any ideas? i restarted and it pops up the same screen to insert correct sd card. did the entire process over and im getting the same error. now nothing works. :/

I see from another thread that you finally got it to work. Good for you. Can you elaborate on the fix so you might help others who are similarly "challenged"?

BTW, please don't post nearly identical "HELP" messages in two places. You updated one with a "never-mind", but left this one hanging.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have A Z110BT running the version 1.0 firmware i never did the update to 1.001 and i came across this article so i figured i would give it a shot so i downloaded all the files and setup the first sdcard with the modded update just replaced the two files and when i run the update on the radio is does thru its thing and gets all 19 done at 100% then sits for 30 sec or so and then goes to updated failed. i've tried multiple times and fails every time. Ive even redownloaded the files and tired fro scratch ..... Any help would be great

Thanks

Hello,

i've tried multiple times and fails every time. Ive even redownloaded the files and tired from scratch ..... Any help would be great

Thanks

This update is very simple. Assuming your files are not corrupt, which I doubt, then it must be something you are doing wrong. Since I can't tell from your post, why don't you spell out, in precise detail, exactly the steps you did to create your SD card. You can leave off the download and unzipping part.

Your SD should have one, and only one, directory in the root: \AVICZ110. This should contain:

Directory of SD \AVICZ110

• <DIR> APL
  • <DIR> BOOT
  • <DIR> FONTS
  • <DIR> PLATFORM
  • EU090APL.HTM
  • EU090APL.VER
  • EU090BOT.HTM
  • EU090BOT.VER
  • EU090FNT.HTM
  • EU090FNT.VER
  • EU090PLT.HTM
  • EU090PLT.VER

...And a bunch of other sub-directories and files. I just listed these to be sure your copy to the SD was at the correct level in the directory structure. I assume yours was correct or you wouldn't have gotten as far as you did.

If the update still doesn't work, try another SD card, preferably a different brand.

I am also trying to download the torrent but nobody seems to be seeding :(. If anyone could seed I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!!

Just an update I was using Vuze to download the torrent and that was not working and then I tried using utorrent and that worked perfectly. Just thought I would pass that along. Off to go and buy some SD cards!

Cant update to 1.001 i downloaded the necessary files several times and once i put the sd card in it simply starts playing WAV audio files. Tried a different sd card but was the same brand. Im also using a micro sd with an adapter if that changes anything. I have downloaded the files and tried several times and everything is FAT32 formatted did both a quick format and a full format but getting same results.

Cant update to 1.001 i downloaded the necessary files several times and once i put the sd card in it simply starts playing WAV audio files. Tried a different sd card but was the same brand. Im also using a micro sd with an adapter if that changes anything. I have downloaded the files and tried several times and everything is FAT32 formatted did both a quick format and a full format but getting same results.

found out what the issue was with the initial update to 1.0001. Turns out the radio was already updated to 1.001 but on the system information screen it displays 1.0000. in order to see the that it is update to 1.001 you just got to the system information screen that displays 1.000 and hold the icon in the upper left corner and it will show the true system information. So if anyone is having the issue with the first update and it is simply playing the audio files from the SD card that just means that it has already been update so you can proceed to update to 2.0. Everything successful Great update.

Hello,

I have A Z110BT running the version 1.0 firmware i never did the update to 1.001 and i came across this article so i figured i would give it a shot so i downloaded all the files and setup the first sdcard with the modded update just replaced the two files and when i run the update on the radio is does thru its thing and gets all 19 done at 100% then sits for 30 sec or so and then goes to updated failed. i've tried multiple times and fails every time. Ive even redownloaded the files and tired fro scratch ..... Any help would be great

Thanks

I'm having this issue as well. It tries to restart the process to update automatically in a loop until i manually eject the sd card. any ideas?