AVIC411.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you made a mess of your system. From your description, it sounds like it was the semi typical issue with a corrupt GpsParaX.bin (X=0-3) file. The normal solution to that is to delete the 4 GpsParaX.bin files.

Where you really blew it was most likely trying to do the 3.1 install.

I've noticed that if the version of Windows CE is different between the background windows (done through service menu) and the one on the flash drive you can experience weird issues at times and it will work fine at other times.

I have all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. I just need an e-mail address to set you up to be able to download it since it is at a commercial online backup site that uses e-mail addresses as a the user ID and sets permissions from there. The files are not something that can be e-mailed as they are about 1.7Gb for the full image.

Basically, you need to download the files I can share and the V2.3 test mode files and put them on a SD Card (card needs to be at least 2Gb).

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "F700" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. Except for the test mode files/folder (It will say the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

please send me to my email gabrielgutierrez01@gmail.com thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you made a mess of your system. From your description, it sounds like it was the semi typical issue with a corrupt GpsParaX.bin (X=0-3) file. The normal solution to that is to delete the 4 GpsParaX.bin files.

I've noticed that if the version of Windows CE is different between the background windows (done through service menu) and the one on the flash drive you can experience weird issues at times and it will work fine at other times.

I have all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. I just need an e-mail address to set you up to be able to download it since it is at a commercial online backup site that uses e-mail addresses as a the user ID and sets permissions from there. The files are not something that can be e-mailed as they are about 1.7Gb for the full image.

Basically, you need to download the files I can share and the V2.3 test mode files and put them on a SD Card (card needs to be at least 2Gb).

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "F700" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. Except for the test mode files/folder (It will say the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

Hello.

I've AVIC - F7010BT version 2.0, I've donwloaded V2.8 and after unit reset, system stuck to " system is starting up  please wait"  and keep rebooting every 5 min. 

I highly appreciate you to help me

my email is aabuelaish@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

3. Select Wince Upgrade

Hi, i need all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. please my email is dusslorphil@hotmail.com . thanks

• 1 month later...

Im having similar issues with my f700bt. Ive had it for maybe 5 years installed by Best Buy. It powers on after about 20 minutes of me driving but will shutdown and power on. It will eventually stay on once my car has been on for awhile. Im not sure if its a power supply problem or if it is the software? Ive read a lot of threads and its kind of hard to do any kind of updating on it since it reboots shuts down and I'm not sure if its updating files that i need to do or if i have to just suck it up and buy another expensive double din? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

3. Select Wince Upgrade

Can you please send the files to pintail75@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3. Select Wince Upgrade

Can you please email me this ccarpency@yahoo.com