BLACK KNOB SALE

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have all knobs in stock. I will am offering the sale price again. (Permanently)

Hi Thomas,

I grabbed a knob for my 710 back in the summer, and I've never been able to get it to stay on. Stayed on for 2 weeks when I first put it on, about a week the second time, couple of days on the next few attempts. I left it off at that point and forgot about it until recently since it's cold enough now that I'm wearing gloves, and remembered it the first time I tried to change volume with the original knob while wearing gloves. It seems like the hotter the weather, the longer it stayed on, and the more it went from hot during the day to cool at night, the more quickly it fell off. I tried it again today (below freeing now), and I can just slide it on and off the original knob with no effort.

Wondering if you have any tips or tricks for getting it permanently attached in this situation.

Cheers & Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thomas,

I grabbed a knob for my 710 back in the summer, and I've never been able to get it to stay on. Stayed on for 2 weeks when I first put it on, about a week the second time, couple of days on the next few attempts. I left it off at that point and forgot about it until recently since it's cold enough now that I'm wearing gloves, and remembered it the first time I tried to change volume with the original knob while wearing gloves. It seems like the hotter the weather, the longer it stayed on, and the more it went from hot during the day to cool at night, the more quickly it fell off. I tried it again today (below freeing now), and I can just slide it on and off the original knob with no effort.

Wondering if you have any tips or tricks for getting it permanently attached in this situation.

Cheers & Thanks

Sorry for not noticing this earlier. You can either A. Glue it on with a very small amount of epoxie and you will not have any more problems, or B. Request a tighter fitting knob from me at no charge. Apparently Pioneer made the knobs with alot of tolerance on the dimension. Some fit great and some fit very loose.

Let me know what you want to do. I have replaced several like yours.

Sorry for not noticing this earlier. You can either A. Glue it on with a very small amount of epoxie and you will not have any more problems, or B. Request a tighter fitting knob from me at no charge. Apparently Pioneer made the knobs with alot of tolerance on the dimension. Some fit great and some fit very loose.

Let me know what you want to do. I have replaced several like yours.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for replying- no worries on the time... I think it was December first yesterday... or at least it feels like it! With all the holiday stuff going on, I'd forgotten all about my knob's lack of staying power myself until yesterday :unsure: . I had thought about epoxy as well, but I've had issues with it in the past trying to join metal to plastic, so I looked up the price of a replacement knob from Pioneer in case the epoxy didn't hold and wrecked the original knob, then ran away in terror. They must be lined with gold considering what they want for one... So, I'd love to take you up on your offer for a tighter fitting version for my smaller than average knob. I'll PM you with details.

Cheers & Thanks,

Brian

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for replying- no worries on the time... I think it was December first yesterday... or at least it feels like it! With all the holiday stuff going on, I'd forgotten all about my knob's lack of staying power myself until yesterday :unsure: . I had thought about epoxy as well, but I've had issues with it in the past trying to join metal to plastic, so I looked up the price of a replacement knob from Pioneer in case the epoxy didn't hold and wrecked the original knob, then ran away in terror. They must be lined with gold considering what they want for one... So, I'd love to take you up on your offer for a tighter fitting version for my smaller than average knob. I'll PM you with details.

Cheers & Thanks,

Brian

No problemo. I'm sending you a new one right away. Cant have a loose knob. <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a difference these make, I bought two of them today and had the pleasure of meeting Thomas who was a great help. I bought one for myself and one as a gift for a friend.

I knew all along since finding Avic411 that I wanted to buy one, but I figured I would get some life out of the factory one, I even tried my own version of painting it black once the color faded off.

MAN, I feel dumb for procrastinating this purchase, My drive home I kept playing with the radio as if it where new again and not two years old.

This thing F@$#$@@@ rocks.

Thanks bud for applying some well needed engineering to this sh*tty factory supplied knob that seems so ridiculous in hindsight.

post-26271-0-86505500-1296012719_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...