AVIC411.com

OK to update to Pioneer 2.003 Firmware with hack installed?

I just finished upgrading my friends Z110 (Now Z120) and everything worked just fine the first time around. I noticed that Pioneer is offering a firmware update to 2.003 on their website. This is a free upgrade. I was wondering if this was "safe" to do with the hacked upgrade. Since it's not my unit, I don't want to brick his radio. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

A big thank you goes out to all of those involved that are far smarter about this sort of thing than I am.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the 2.003 upgrade after the hack upgrade and it appeared to install correctly, but my system information still shows 2.000. Has anyone else seen this? Is there an easy way that I can confirm 2.003? Thanks.

When you are on the System Information screen you must press and hold the "upper left corner" of the screen. Just imagine that there is an invisible button there that you are pushing. It will take you to another screen that will show you the v2.003. I don't know why they buried this information like that.