AVIC411.com

AVH-P4200DVD & 160GB iPod Classic - No Album Artwork

Update: Like stated in my earlier post, I sent my headunit in to a certified Pioneer tech to have the latest firmware update installed. Well I just got the unit back, and it DID NOT fix the album art issue.

FYI my set up is as follows and it does NOT display artwork:

AVH-P4200DVD w/ latest firmware update (as of this posting date)

iPod Classic 160gb firmware 2.0.4 (latest generation (7?) as of this post)

I'm pretty much at a loss, next order of business is to call Pioneer and Apple to put in a request to have the issue resolved.

More Updates:

Was able to try out another 7th Gen iPod Classic 160gb 2.0.4 and it was able to display album art... The only difference was that her iPod was formatted to Windows where mine was for Mac. This could be the problem, I wonder how many other people who are having album art issues are on Mac vs Windows.

So did you reformat yours and get the same result?

Used Disk Utility and re-formated to FAT32 and still no album art... BUT...

After playing around with all kinds of different options I have found one method to get my album art!!! HOW TO:

1. I have a Mac and ended up restoring it back to original settings to Mac Formated.

2. On tab one (Summary), scroll to the bottom and check box only the last option (Enable disk use)

3. Create a Playlist entitled "All Music" or whatever you want, the name of your iPod, etc...

4. Add all the songs you want to have on your iPod into that playlist.

5. On tab two (Music), click the bubble (Selected playlists, artists...)

6. Select the playlist you just made with all your songs.

7. Sync it up and go try it out (It seems to take about 10 seconds into each track for the artwork to show up).

For me this worked, I now have all my album art, Best of Luck!

• 1 month later...

Used Disk Utility and re-formated to FAT32 and still no album art... BUT...

After playing around with all kinds of different options I have found one method to get my album art!!! HOW TO:

1. I have a Mac and ended up restoring it back to original settings to Mac Formated.

2. On tab one (Summary), scroll to the bottom and check box only the last option (Enable disk use)

3. Create a Playlist entitled "All Music" or whatever you want, the name of your iPod, etc...

4. Add all the songs you want to have on your iPod into that playlist.

5. On tab two (Music), click the bubble (Selected playlists, artists...)

6. Select the playlist you just made with all your songs.

7. Sync it up and go try it out (It seems to take about 10 seconds into each track for the artwork to show up).

For me this worked, I now have all my album art, Best of Luck!

So does that mean that you will lose all of your other playlists or does it all stay in spite of that main play list you are talking about?

• 1 month later...

Hi friends,

I have started to have this problem.

The only different thing I can tell you is this started after one month working without problems with my iPod. It was formatted in Mac.

I bought this radio 2 months ago and was working OK with the CD-IU200V cable I bought separately for my iPod 6th generation 160Gb, showing all the albums artwork for every single album I have.

However since a week, the iPod turned to not show any artwork anymore. I have look for information related this issue but haven't found any information how to get back my artwork albums shown on the screen of the radio.

I have tested my iPad and iPhone and both works OK with showing the artwork!!!!

How can I solve this? Any way to fine tuning the radio to show them again? Or do something with the iPod?

• 4 weeks later...

which background wallpaper are you running. I believe if you have the moving ones, it won't show artwork.

I changed the settings to no background and still no album artwork. Thanks for the suggestion though. Has anyone had any luck with this unit and the newest 160GB iPod Classic?

Which background settings are you guys talking about? Is it for the iPhone because I've tried looking in the settings for my X920BT and I don't see any settings for background??

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread but when searching for a solution this thread helped in which direction to go,

First off the problem is not the Ipod, it is the Itunes software (at least it was for me). The first Ipod 7th generation I bought had an internal flaw and no matter what I did I could not get the Album art to show on my AVH-P4400BH. So I exchanged the Ipod for another one and found that the new one worked right off the bat, no problems. A month later after I synched some new music all of the album art went away when connected to the to the AVH. I tried everything to get it working again but no avail,

Then I downgraded the Itunes software from 10.6.1 to the Older 64Bit Windows version, 9.2.1 that can be downloaded from apple here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1056

Once the ipod reformatted I decided to manually sync the music, pictures, and podcasts by draggigng and dropping to the Ipod icon, and it has been working flawlessly. All of the artwork shows up on the AVH without a problem.

Hopefully this helps someone, I know the 10.6.1 Itunes software is nicer but it is missing something when it comes to embedding the art work for the MP3's.