AVIC411.com

* * New Owner of z120BT FEW Questions * *

Hi all,

This is my first post on these boards.

I have just ordered a z120bt online and I am waiting for it in the mail. how ever I ad a few questions regarding the unit:

1) When you are adding attachments to the head unit such as: msn direct tuner, rear camera, hd radio etc.. does this slow down the unit and how it processes? (Basically Does it lag?)

2) Secondly I have ordered the cd-IU50V ipod cable, and the msn direct tuner for my car. Are there any other attachments that are a must have with the z120bt? (I was thinking about getting the HD Radio module but I am located in canada and our regular radio stations are not supported in HD and I am not looking to pay for any subscriptions ie. sirus or xm.)

3) Thirdly which hand held devices connect well with the z120bt for handsfree calling sync via bluetooth? (I currently have a blackberry bold 9700)

Thanks everyone for reading and all responses welcomed! :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't slow it down when you add devices to it, in fact it makes it even better. If you live in an area that doesn't have any stations broadcasting HD, then u don't need HD. XM is cool though, it sucks to pay a sub but it's worth it for some people.

No it doesn't slow it down when you add devices to it, in fact it makes it even better. If you live in an area that doesn't have any stations broadcasting HD, then u don't need HD. XM is cool though, it sucks to pay a sub but it's worth it for some people.

hey rgarjr what phone are you using to sync with bluetooth to make hands free calling? and any recommendations on particular phones working very well?

Generally all phones work well but some of the newest phones may have issues with phonebook download. Also call quality is hit or miss. There is about 50/50 split right now of people that have good quality to ones that have horrible quality. Basically you wont know until you get the unit. Good luck.

Generally all phones work well but some of the newest phones may have issues with phonebook download. Also call quality is hit or miss. There is about 50/50 split right now of people that have good quality to ones that have horrible quality. Basically you wont know until you get the unit. Good luck.

Hey VBLUE42, I wanted to know what phone you have synced with your unit? I just want to know how well a blacbkerry sync via bluetooth and how well it works prefferably the 9700 since thats what I have.

and Thanks VBLUE42 I had messaged you quiet a few times on youtube comparing the DNX 9960 and the Z120bt you helped make my decision alot more clearer.

When I had my 110 I used the iPhone 3G with it and it worked without issue. BBs on the other hand have been problematic in the past but seem to have improved with the newer phones. The best thing to do is search the forums for post about your phone or post a thread inquiring info from users of that phone.

When I had my 110 I used the iPhone 3G with it and it worked without issue. BBs on the other hand have been problematic in the past but seem to have improved with the newer phones. The best thing to do is search the forums for post about your phone or post a thread inquiring info from users of that phone.

hey VBlue, I am debating on getting a rear view camera to my head unit as-well, however the pioneer ones seem a bit pricey is it just because of the name brand? also I want a rear view camera that displays a good picture any recommendations?