AVIC411.com

* * New Owner of z120BT FEW Questions * *

the contact transfer can be fun especially when the z sees the phone as bt audio player. then just switch it up on head unit for bt audio and handsfree then they dump right in. just went thru it with my new moto i 1. jim

when you save the contacts to your z110/z120 does it store it onto the sd card or how does it work? and what if I dont want to connect bluetooth audio I just want my bluetooth setup for taking/making calls handsfree...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contacts aren't actually stored at all. the unit syncs the contacts every time you boot the unit. And yes, you can pair the phone for handsfree only if you want.

so once you have connected your phone for the first time and you turn your car off and the bluetooth connection on your phone. If you want to reconnect all you need to do is turn your bluetooth on from your phone? and it will recognize it?

The BT needs to be on when the unit boots but yeah, essentially.

vblue, alot of people mention that they have microphone problems with the stock mic that comes with the z120bt, I want to avoid all problems once I get my install which microphone will work best? I had someone tell me:

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-External-M ... 614&sr=8-1

please let me know what you think (I want my install to go smooth and don't want to keep opening up the back to install different mics)

Thanks

Well I never had BT issues when I had my unit so I can not say for sure. Some people have reported that a different mic makes a difference but these issues are hit and miss. You're either going to have a problem or not, regardless of what you do.

does the problem occur with the mic itself or the phone that is being syced via bluetooth?

• 3 weeks later...

Currently my bypass wire has come loose, causing it to go in and out. Based on my experience when it is not working I would recommend you consider a different HU if you want to use the Nav/phone capabilities and really don't want to do the bypass. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the highway and wanted to set a destination or change the route, or call someone and have it be completely useless, as there's really no practical way to pull over when you're on the highway, especially between exits. This becomes even more aggravating when you legitimately have a passenger in the car who is trying to use the unit. If given the choice I would much sooner remove all the videos from my ipod than not do the bypass. Just my .02, but I hope you keep this in mind before you install, as going back in to do the bypass after the fact would be a PITA.