AVIC411.com

* * New Owner of z120BT FEW Questions * *

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a BB 9700 paired up with the 120. Calls work fine. Contacts can be browsed from the unit, although I have not tried transferring them over. Pandora streams over bluetooth, but song / artist information does not show. When switching from bluetooth audio to a different mode (radio for example) the phone gets disconnected. So it works, but it's kind of buggy.

hey VBLUE,

I was wondering about doing a bypass on my z120bt I read on other posts that there are no draw backs, however I was wondering...

1) if I DONT do the bypass and I am driving will the unit allow me to change my navigation route?

2) Also if I dont do the bypass do I have to have the hand break/ebrake ON even to input a street address or does the brake just have to be on to watch a movie...?

1. No.

2. No destination input of any kind, phone dialing, or video watching at all unless you are bypassed or stopped with the E Brake on. You can however use VR for these entries with the exception of video of course.

1) I will be able to pickup a phone call though while driving right?

2) Also like you said no phone dialing or destination input if my car is in park without the Ebrake on can i input a destination or EBRAKE *MUST* be on before inputting any destination stuff whatsoever?

1. Yes

2. The ebrake will have to be engaged.

1. Are you able to sync your phone via bluetooth for hands free calling AND play your ipod or a cd at the SAME TIME? or can you only do one thing at a time? and if you awnser the call once you end the call will the ipod start up again?

All of the AV is active and can be controlled while driving except the video. The phonebook will upload to the unit without the ebrake being engaged but I don't believe you have access to the contacts unless you use VR. Once you disconnect a call the iPod will resume but it does not pause when the call is received. It only mutes so the song will still progress while your on the call. Now, why go through all of this, just do the bypass and don't worry about any of this.

All of the AV is active and can be controlled while driving except the video. The phonebook will upload to the unit without the ebrake being engaged but I don't believe you have access to the contacts unless you use VR. Once you disconnect a call the iPod will resume but it does not pause when the call is received. It only mutes so the song will still progress while your on the call. Now, why go through all of this, just do the bypass and don't worry about any of this.

well I don't want my unit to get bricked, or run it to problems in the future and I don't want to void warranty. Also I don't have the need or want to watch movies while driving lol I dont know why anyone would. and I dont want to run into any legal problems if my car gets into a wreck or something.

You wont brick your unit, it wont void your warranty, and its not illegal to circumvent the lockout. Its only illegal to use functions that the lockout is meant to prevent. In fact, the only thing illegal that the lockout prevents is the ability to watch video in view of the driver while in motion. There no laws in any state pertaining to operating navi or phone functions from a head unit that I know of. Nevertheless the manual covers all that is locked out on the unit with the pbrake function.

You wont brick your unit, it wont void your warranty, and its not illegal to circumvent the lockout. Its only illegal to use functions that the lockout is meant to prevent. In fact, the only thing illegal that the lockout prevents is the ability to watch video in view of the driver while in motion. There no laws in any state pertaining to operating navi or phone functions from a head unit that I know of. Nevertheless the manual covers all that is locked out on the unit with the pbrake function.

Im in canada bro... I just dont want to have any sort of issues with having a bypass and have a video stored on my ipod I dont ever attend to play a video while driving.

I dont have to live in Canada to know that thats not illegal. The legalities at least in the US deal with actually watching the video in view of the driver. Those laws don't pertain to any circumvention of the lockout implemented by the manufactures. In fact, non of the manufactures are required by law to implement a lock out to prevent watching video. They only do it to lessen law suits in the event of an accident caused by such behavior. And in the US, civil liability is not determined by criminal action. I am sure with a little research, you could determine the exact wording of the laws in your country.