AVIC411.com

X910BT Works With Droid Phones?

VBLUE42 - you're right, Newman did answer my question. I must have totally missed that post. However, Newman, can you verify what firmware version you are using? Perhaps the latest firmware upgrade resolves compatability issues and would be nice to know if Newman has the latest and greatest. iPhone 4 - antennagate :-( Would love to steer clear of that and my current iPhone is as slow as a turtle so, I'm still holding out hope for a Droid phone or may have to wait for iPhone 5. At the pace Apple puts them out, it'll probably be around March-April...

• 2 weeks later...

VBLUE42 - you're right, Newman did answer my question. I must have totally missed that post. However, Newman, can you verify what firmware version you are using? Perhaps the latest firmware upgrade resolves compatability issues and would be nice to know if Newman has the latest and greatest. iPhone 4 - antennagate :-( Would love to steer clear of that and my current iPhone is as slow as a turtle so, I'm still holding out hope for a Droid phone or may have to wait for iPhone 5. At the pace Apple puts them out, it'll probably be around March-April...

I had version 3.0101 when I attempted this. I just upgraded to the newest 3.0102 the other day so I will give it another shot to see if anything changes.

• 2 years later...

This is an old post but just a quick update...the avic x910bt WILL stream audio via Bluetooth...BUT...you need to get the free app from the app store.the app converts mono Bluetooth to stereo..theres a few diff apps out there.The reason you need this is because your phone will sync with your 910 for PHONE use only and phones are mono..there is no audio support.But with the app(the one I use is called mono Bluetooth router)the audio will sync thru the phone hardware. I stream I-heart radio and play my mp3's all the time.The only down fall is that you have to adjust the volume thru your phone since the 910 has no audio support. But it sounds great and the app makes it stereo.

• 1 year later...