AVIC411.com

New Radio Keeps reseting/restarting when bass is turned up

I just finished installing at X920BT for the second time now and I still have the same problem. I have a 2007 Mustang GT Shaker 500 and X920BT I purchased the PAC C2R-FRD1 so I could use th factory subs but now when I turn up the bass and then cranck the volume at the radio just resets/restarts. If I turn the sub volume down in the HU it does not reset/restart. I thought maybe I had something hooked up incorrectly so I took it to a local shop and he checked my wiring and installed the relay for me and still same results.

Has anyone else using the factory ford subs had this issue and if so how do I resolve it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like the amp for the subs is using too much power and the radio is not getting enough, this can be tasted pretty easily, just use a long piece of speaker wire (at least 16awg) and use it to extend the power and ground wires for the avic (yellow and black) to be able to connect directly to the battery to make sure the AVIC is able to get enough power, then see if the problem persist.

Ok here is my update!

I have replaced the pac c2r-frd1 with a sorche model and still same results which I bought from a local Audio shop and even had him rewiring the thing from scratch.

I have now replaced the HU with another one and still same results.

I am now at the point of giving up and returning everything!!!

This is killing me because I love the radio but if it will not work with factory speakers & amp it has to go back.

Hope this helps someone else out.

1loudls I did take it to the local shop and they put in the relay for me because they thought that was the problem.

So would hooking it directly to the battery be for the samething correct?

I still have the unit and the dash is all apart and I am either going to get this unit to work tonight or but the factory unit back in. So your saying hook the yellow and black to the battery directly and try that?

Sheby

The lights have no affect on it only when I turn the radio & bass up.

If I turn the bass down to like -4 or -5 I can turn the radio up louder before it reboots volume of may 28 or 30.

If I turn the bass up to like +6 I can only turn the radio to maybe 17 before reboot.

When I test I am using one of 2 songs each time to make sure they have the same bass because if the song does not have any real bass in it the radio does not seem to reboot.

1loudls I did take it to the local shop and they put in the relay for me because they thought that was the problem.

So would hooking it directly to the battery be for the samething correct?

it depends on where they got power from the relay, if they just grabbed power from somewhere near the radio harness or the fusebox then not really. a relay itself wont do anything but switch power on and off from a trigger source(which the radio already does), you need to rule out a lack of power being the cause of the problem and the only way to do that is to give the radio as much power as it want with its own dedicated power supply (temporary) and then if that is the problem solver, then it needs to be wired in fully

so here we are two weeks later, and it doesn't look like you've even tried the first troubleshooting step i gave you, i cant try to help you, if you wont help yourself.

if that local shop was any good at what they do then they should have been able to figure this out pretty quick, since its doing it with different radios and different harnesses, it is obvious that this problem is environment related (the environment of the radio, IE: the car) troubleshooting steps need to be taken to find out why the radio is shuting off and then it can simply be wired around this

I hooked the the red relay to the battery and radio would not reboot so I disconnect red from the battery and it was strange because the radio did not reboot played for about 10 minutes with bass and volume up.

Even on the wiring diagram from PAC Audio they say to hook the relay into the harness wires but I will try the Yellow and black tonight.