AVIC411.com

Z110BT...iPod has audio, HD and Sirius no audio

I guess the title sums it up. The iPod plays normally but no audio from HD or Sirius. I can select channels and see normal info (channel, artist, song, etc.) but no sound. Unit is bone stock, no bypass and stock firmware. Just started happening the other day. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Not a new installation. Head unit has been in the car for over a year and the problem just started on Monday. I called the shop I bought it from and scheduled an appointment for them to dig into it. Dawns on me that I bought an extended warranty from them. Maybe it will be shot and they'll give me a new unit.

Mike

Decided to pull the unit out today even though it's going to the shop tomorrow. Nothing disconnected and no obvious problems. Plugged everything back in and everything worked until I switched inputs. As soon as I switched from HD to Sirius and back, HD had no audio. Switch back to Sirius and it wouldn't work. Switch to iPod and it works fine. Switch to HD, turn the volume all the way up and I can just hear some audio. Something definitely wrong with the head unit.

Mike

Went to the shop and they tore into my dash. They disconnected the power and it started working so the tech swapped out the satellite and HD receivers and everything works as it should. One thing the tech did tell me is that the battery ran flat twice while he was working on my truck. The battery is original OEM and I've had the truck for 35 months so I wonder if the battery is on the verge of dying. I think I'll drop a DieHard Gold in there and call it good.

I had to pair my phone to the head unit again and when I do a funny thing happens. If I delete the phone and voice command "Change Source" the list shows iPod, HD Digital Radio, and Sirius Satellite Radio. Once I pair the phone Sirius disappears and Bluetooth Audio appears in the list. I tried pairing the phone from the head unit and then from the phone and the result is the same. When I check Pioneer Navi in the device list on the phone, handsfree stereo is not checked; only hands free is checked. I'm not sure what's going on here so I'll probably stop by the shop again on the way home tomorrow and let them set it up.

Mike