AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 problems <video included>

Hey everyone

This is my first post on the forums. I'm wondering if any of you guys can give me any advice. None of my navi options are working. The navi does work I can see where I'm at but when it comes to get directions its a no go. I can't change any of the setting either. I had the system installed professionally he bypassed the ebrake wire with the mute wire. He did everything properly but still couldn't get anything to work video and navi wise. He called all of the car audio shops all around my area and no one could figure out the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

When I got the D3 the harness was already hacked. Mute wire was moved up and everything. The audio guy couldnt figure out if the mute wire was already moved up and everything why didn't the hack work. I watched him move the wire from the top to the bottom 4 times trying to see what was wrong with it. He was calling around to see if anyone has ever had the same problem. He research online he saw that he did the hack proper but it just wasn't working. So i dont think its the harness it has to be the unit:(

• 2 months later...

Moving the mute wire doesn't mean the hack is complete. First, ensure the mute wire is moved to the proper location AND the pin is actually making connection. People often bend the locking tab on the pin when removing. Second, the mute wire and parking brake wire should tied to the ground wire. Again, ensure all 3 of those wire's pins are making connection and are probably grounded. Try removing the headunit from the car but do not disconnect it. Turn the car on and get to a menu where certain buttons are grayed out. Wiggle the harness (or those wires specifically) and watch the grayed out buttons to see if they light up at all.