AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Update Failed

I updated with the CNSD-200FM card A (coming from a 2.x version) last night. This morning I went to do the update for the bluetooth software. The version number said "unknown" before i began the update. It was at the "please wait, dont turn off power" screen for a good hour. I know it's only supposed to take a few minutes, so I figured something had gone wrong. Restarted the unit, and now when I press "phone" in the menu nothing happens. Somehow the update screwed up my bluetooth software, and pioneer wants $200 to take a look at it...what a rip off. I paid $120 for the update, and $200 for a repair that the update caused? Thats almost as much as I paid for the unit itself!

Is there any way to go in and load up a copy of someone else's bluetooth software? I'm comfortable using testmode to edit files, so I'm hoping there is a way to do it from there.

So I have been doing some more testing. I was able to get into the Phone menu. I tried pairing my phone with the Navi, and tried searching for my phone with the Navi. Neither way worked. I turned off the bluetooth, then tried to turn it on...and received a Windows CE error message that says "Application Tel has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Software version says "Unknown"

Anyone have any idea, maybe I can re-install the bluetooth device by using test mode?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...