BT MIC issues for BT calls - asking for a sticky

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny - I saw somewhere a block-diagram showing the mic - and it had a 'circuit' for noise cancel (showing how it works great - and implying amazing sound) - clearly it was a marketing blurb...

I just finished installing the X920BT in my 2001 Subaru Forester and I put the MIC on the upper center console just above the rear view mirror.

I guess I would not call the BT speakerphone audio quality really bad, just that it could be a lot better. My friends refer to it as "Sounding like I was in a box or like I had a cold". This is also the same as they sound to me. We could understand each other fine and I could talk at a normal level, but we just sounded very bass like and muffled. This could be the quality of my LG phones' Bluetooth!

Voice recognition is not very good but I was not expecting much from a speaker independent system.

I have firmware Version 2.000000 and Pioneer is sending me a Micro SDHC card (Free) to update the system to Version 2.003000. VR was mentioned on the website so I will have to wait and see!

I have a 2010 mazda cx-9, i sacrificed my bluetooth from factory to find out 120bt bluetooth is horrible. my bluetooth steering control cannot also work and i had to change my backup camera, i can live with the backup camera change, and the blue tooth steering wheel control but the bluetooth for z120tb is very dissapointing, i bought my wife one of theose motorola t135 stand alone blue tooth and that works better that the 120bt. Hopefully they can fix this with a firmware update

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I am calling Parrot today. I don't want to install crappy BT in my truck. It's one of the primary reasons for me to go with a head like this.

I have two Z110's installed in two different vehicles (F350 and Vette) and no matter where I place the microphones people that call me always here the background noise over my voice. I've been in contact with Pioneer and told them I've been a Pioneer users for 21 yrs and this is the first time I've had a problem with a Pioneer product and was basically told..."sorry for your problem"...."go buy an aftermarket microphone"

Any recommendation on a microphone that will work with the Z110? I couldn't find an exact model on the parrot website.

Thanks in advance.

What is the model?

I PM'ed stadtjunge, and this was his reply... "I'm using the mic that came with the Parrot CK3200. i haven't heard a single complaint yet."

I don't know which mic came with that unit though. I sorta looked online, but didn't find anything specific. I even e-mailed the Sales Dept for Parrot. I told them if they could give me the model of the mic and where/how to get one, I would have a lot of sales for them. And of course, no response.

Ok,

When I first got my Z120, my BT worked. People who called me said they could hear me OK. I ended up removing my head a few times after that to do the bypass thing. after that my BT is completely jacked. Now no one can hear me at all. They just hear "wierd noise". (IDK, im on this side of the phone, lol.)

Now I will add, that I did notice a small rip in the outer insulation of the mic wire, BUT the actual wire on the inside was still intacked. Could this be my issue? If I have to buy a new mic, so be it. I would even spend $ on a good one at this point! I hate having to unplug my phone from the dock, to pick up a call. PLUS, when I do that, I notice Pandora gets glitchy. I need to turn off the headunit, then Pandora, then remove the phone from the dock, seams to rid me of glitches.

Any help???

Ok,

When I first got my Z120, my BT worked. People who called me said they could hear me OK. I ended up removing my head a few times after that to do the bypass thing. after that my BT is completely jacked. Now no one can hear me at all. They just hear "wierd noise". (IDK, im on this side of the phone, lol.)

Now I will add, that I did notice a small rip in the outer insulation of the mic wire, BUT the actual wire on the inside was still intacked. Could this be my issue? If I have to buy a new mic, so be it. I would even spend $ on a good one at this point! I hate having to unplug my phone from the dock, to pick up a call. PLUS, when I do that, I notice Pandora gets glitchy. I need to turn off the headunit, then Pandora, then remove the phone from the dock, seams to rid me of glitches.

Any help???

If you are not having any BT pairing issues, yeah, sounds like the mic wire. Its hard to tell if the shield/ground is bad by looking at it. I know it doesn't take much to destroy the cable. Even a pinch when tucking the wire behind trim can do it.

Before you buy a new one (unless you are just looking for an excuse to get a better one), make sure it is plugged-in to the correct jack on the HU, although the only other one it could possible fit is the wired remote jack. And make sure it is fully inserted. If that's all OK, then time to replace the mic.

I PM'ed stadtjunge, and this was his reply... "I'm using the mic that came with the Parrot CK3200. i haven't heard a single complaint yet."

I don't know which mic came with that unit though. I sorta looked online, but didn't find anything specific. I even e-mailed the Sales Dept for Parrot. I told them if they could give me the model of the mic and where/how to get one, I would have a lot of sales for them. And of course, no response.

Is the mic sold with the CK3200 available as an invidual sale? Looking at the tech specs of the CK3200, I can't find a model number for "just" the mic.