AVIC411.com

BT MIC issues for BT calls - asking for a sticky

Z130 has the crappy mic issue resolved!

I had a Z110 and Z120, both were JUNK on BT phone calls. It's finally fixed on the Z130.

When upgrading from Z110/Z120 to Z130, did you swap out the microphone? If you did, there is no way to say it was a software issue or a hardware issue. If you kept the same mic, that would definitely point to a software issue.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny - I saw somewhere a block-diagram showing the mic - and it had a 'circuit' for noise cancel (showing how it works great - and implying amazing sound) - clearly it was a marketing blurb...

• 1 month later...

Is it at all possible that the routing of the microphone has anything to do with the sound quality? I have a Silverado SS. I ran the wire directly from my z120 toward the passenger side and up the passenger side pillar. I mounted it above my rear view mirror. I've never had a complaint. I recorded myself via voicemail, and it sounded fine. Obviously my windows were up, and A/C turned down. Could it be from some sort of electrical interference?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see mention of doing this, but how is it possible to splice an existing car microphone to the microphone wire of the Pioneer? I'd like to point to my installer and tell him it is possible if someone has advice or directions, etc.

I have not encountered a problem with the Z130BT (I have to reset the pairing periodically but the quality is fine when I do), but it'd be nice to get rid of the extra microphone... My mic wire is routed around the passenger side head liner and clipped just above the rear view mirror.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone played with using a bluetooth setup to do this? You could have a bluetooth receiver hooked up to the avic then a bluetooth mic transmitting?

Drawback would obviously be power consumption for a static BT receiver and mic.

You could use an in ear headset to eliminate 99% of the problems people seem to have. This would retain full functionality for VR commands. The only drawback would be group conversations in the car -- you'd have to pass around the headset. I'm assuming there are most likely high quality bluetooth speaker phones as well that could be utilized instead of a ear piece.

Thoughts? Has anyone had success in this type of venture before?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to know if anyone has seen an improvement going from the z120 to z130 via map update? Thanks

I'd like to know the same thing as well. Or is it time to forget about the Pioneer mics and go straight to an alternative vendor's mic? But which one has been tested to work well with the Z1X0?

I'd like to know the same thing as well. Or is it time to forget about the Pioneer mics and go straight to an alternative vendor's mic? But which one has been tested to work well with the Z1X0?

It's not the mic - it's the Pioneer Z1x0 (haven't heard if the Z140 fixes it).

You can get a better mic - but no one to my knowledge has shown any marked improvement.... I've got a Z110 (updated to Z130), and a Z130 - both are identical in call quality (sucks).

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the mic - it's the Pioneer Z1x0 (haven't heard if the Z140 fixes it).

You can get a better mic - but no one to my knowledge has shown any marked improvement.... I've got a Z110 (updated to Z130), and a Z130 - both are identical in call quality (sucks).

OK...I purchased my Z110 two years ago. I have upgraded the HU to a Z120 and the Bluetooth quality is still awful. My installer has replaced the mic four times; first two times with the same model mic it came with, the third time with another Pioneer HU model mic and the fourth with the mic that comes with the Z120. All Bad. I can hear the caller but, the person on the other end of the line says that they can't understand me.

Now I called Pioneer about this and they claim they have no known issues with the Z100 series HU and that it is more than likely a Bluetooth board hardware problem. They are requesting that I ship them back the unit. They want $230 to fix it and if they don't find anything wrong a $70 evaluation fee. This is preposterous! It's time to go with another companies HU. Pioneer has a huge issue with there Bluetooth technology but, they don't want to admit it.

Any attorneys out there know if we have a case for a class-action suit?

• 1 month later...