AVIC411.com

avic n3 auto antenna help

well the blue wire should only get power when the radio is on, so either your D3 is sending voltage out all of the time(defective radio), the wrong wire is hooked up (install error), or the car controls the antenna itself with out the radio doing anything (you may have to re-wire the power going to the antenna)

option one can be fixed by adding a switch, option two can be fixed by checking the wiring, and option three may be able to be re-wired, but depending on the type of car that it is this may be very difficult.

This is in a 94 impala ss.the blue wire and the amp wire has power coming out of it even with tge radio off.as long as the key is on.I did hook it up to a. switch.that works but I know its not right.after reading the manual I thought there was a way to turn that feature off in the menu of the radio?

This is in a 94 impala ss.the blue wire and the amp wire has power coming out of it even with tge radio off.as long as the key is on.I did hook it up to a. switch.that works but I know its not right.after reading the manual I thought there was a way to turn that feature off in the menu of the radio?

i believe the the amp wire is supposed to have voltage all the time so the beeps can be heard for the nav side even if the audio side is off, but the antenna wire shouldnt, you should be able to go into the menu and turn the antenna from "power" to "radio" and then the antenna should be up only when the radio is the selected source and not any other time

i believe the the amp wire is supposed to have voltage all the time so the beeps can be heard for the nav side even if the audio side is off, but the antenna wire shouldnt, you should be able to go into the menu and turn the antenna from "power" to "radio" and then the antenna should be up only when the radio is the selected source and not any other time

thats what i want.can you tell me how do find that menu?

im really not sure, since i havens played around with a N-series in a while, the F-series that im most used to have completely different menu structures, but i thought it was still there in all the older units as well, go into your system settings (not the nav settings) and look for a option called ant cont, or antenna control, if its there it should have the options of radio and power, it should be set to radio