AVIC411.com

Anyone receive their REBATE for the x920BT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a postcard in the mail that said my rebate was not valid because I failed to include the original serial number. I kept copies of everything and verified I had written the serial number in the boxes provided, so I called. The guy I spoke with told me the same thing and made it sound like I was supposed to cut out the serial number and send that too! When I pressed him on it, he said he would put my on hold and check with his supervisor. He didn't put me on hold, I could still hear back ground noise...he was quiet for about 5 seconds and then came back and said he could process it because "the rest of my info was correct." At least now my online update says my rebate is valid and scheduled for processing -- but it's been a LONG time!

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Still no rebate and it is December 1. I wish someone had that phone number! The bullshit on the phone now is that I will get it Jan 08th!! WTF??

the phone number I called was on the Pioneer x920 web site page. A recording told me my rebate would be shipped on Dec 26. The online link shows that my rebate hasn't been submitted yet.

So, two parts of the same company process NOT communicating.

Why am I not surprised

Kent Patterson is the guy who responded to me, and his number is also listed in the BBB as the contact for Parago Inc which is the company responsible for fulfilling the rebate if I remember correctly. I believe his number is (search Kent Patterson Parago Inc) which also shows up when you search as a BBB post related to this individual. Good luck to you. This was really one of the last straws for me and rebates. I get so worked up over the shady tactics it's not worth the grief. The money is nice but even for $100 I dont know if it's worth the stress.

Sorry, but it looks like the number was removed my an admin so I removed it from my post here. It's an easy find if you just google it. It's not an 800 number BTW.

I finally got a postcard in the mail that said my rebate was not valid because I failed to include the original serial number. I kept copies of everything and verified I had written the serial number in the boxes provided, so I called. The guy I spoke with told me the same thing and made it sound like I was supposed to cut out the serial number and send that too! When I pressed him on it, he said he would put my on hold and check with his supervisor. He didn't put me on hold, I could still hear back ground noise...he was quiet for about 5 seconds and then came back and said he could process it because "the rest of my info was correct." At least now my online update says my rebate is valid and scheduled for processing -- but it's been a LONG time!

Adam

We received this exact same card and message in the mail today...

I find this to be quite disconcerting; I am familiar with the problems associated receiving rebates from electronic manufacturers (often shop NewEgg), and completed this rebate request meticulously and promptly, in that it is such a large amount ($100.00). The original serial number was taped to the rebate form so that it would not fall out of the envelope inadvertently. I also registered my product promptly with Pioneer.

Perhaps this is a ploy to deny or at least delay as many of these pricey rebates as possible?

We received this exact same card and message in the mail today...

I find this to be quite disconcerting; I am familiar with the problems associated receiving rebates from electronic manufacturers (often shop NewEgg), and completed this rebate request meticulously and promptly, in that it is such a large amount ($100.00). The original serial number was taped to the rebate form so that it would not fall out of the envelope inadvertently. I also registered my product promptly with Pioneer.

Perhaps this is a ploy to deny or at least delay as many of these pricey rebates as possible?

Follow-up! Based on a recommendation made earier in this thread, I called Kent at Parago. He was very pleasant. I had taped the s/n cut from the box to the rebate form. When they removed it, the tape must have torn away the bar code. He had me fax him my photocopy of rebate form with s/n taped to it, that I had made before mailing. All is good now, my faith (and $100 rebate)has been restored!:)

Follow-up! Based on a recommendation made earier in this thread, I called Kent at Parago. He was very pleasant. I had taped the s/n cut from the box to the rebate form. When they removed it, the tape must have torn away the bar code. He had me fax him my photocopy of rebate form with s/n taped to it, that I had made before mailing. All is good now, my faith (and $100 rebate)has been restored!:)

It is nice they provide a tracking number. Few companies do this.

Seems like without calling rebate customer support number (1-888-295-7742), my rebate would be sitting with the "ready for final processing" status forever. They received it on Oct-14-2010 and since then, inspite being valid, the rebate was not processed. Today I've called them and they promised me to mail it by Jan-06-2011. Worth keeping eye on it.