F900BT Will Not Turn On

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can you please tell me what you did and what files you used i think i tried everything.

Hi,

Had same prob on my f900bt.

Turns out there was a prob on live feed "ignition" from my connects2 canbus adaptor (car is audi a3)

Unit now has live feed direct from fusebox.

end of prob.

Worked for me!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I guess Ill join the family as well. My FT90BT stopped working as well 2 nights ago. The first time it happened I got some foriegn language on the screen and thats it. So I turned off the radio and rebooted. Same problem So I reset the radio. Now I get nothing. It turns on the lights on the buttons, than my splash comes on after 30 secs. poof. DOA. And this is a stock radio with 3.0. in it. I pulled it last night and put a D3 in its place. I have a power supply so I would like to defibulate it and get it working again. So you think this is a boot problem or hard drive?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has gone the say way today and Im in the UK, the Menu etc lights turn on for 5 secs then all dead,,,,sent an e-mail to the guy who fitted it for me, hes a genuis hopefully he will sort it for me, thanks

please let us know what your "genius" installer does, so we can fix ours, thanks a lot in advance.

My 7010bt is doing the same thing. I have not touched the software in almost two years, and it has no mods. It has been working fine. Then it started acting weird a week or so ago (some of my settings mysteriously changed). Next thing I know it won't boot up anymore (get flash screen and then it goes blank). I have seen a few posters on this site that are having the same issue. From what I am reading, it looks like the unit has had a catastrophic failure of some sort. Disappointing to say the least. I would rather buy a new one than spend $200 getting this one repaired.

Question: Do other Pioneer units use the same wiring harness? In other words, if I wanted to buy a different unit and not have to rewire everything again, what other models have the same connectors as the 7010bt (if any)?

Thanks

Edit: It's a 7010 not a 710.

right... well, i would recommend giving reflashing with latest 3.1 a shot.. could revive your unit.

If you want to go to another avic, the pioneer power harnes will be likely similar, but may have a few pins in different locations (parking brake, etc).

The other big difference you may see is the AV harness. You can find a link to the f700bt (same as f7010bt) service manual in pdf on these forums. You can see the exact pinout of power and av harness. Then you will need to look at service manual for the unit you are thinking about getting and check pinouts (especially av harness).

• 2 weeks later...