AVIC411.com

How to turn off the Pioneer Z120BT

Is there any way to make the antenna go down? Even with the AVIC AV off and the screen off, the antenna is still up. Any way to make it go back down?

See pg 160 in the Z120 user manual. You can set it so the antenna is up only when the audio source is AM or FM. Not sure it that applies when you use the OFF button, but it might. Or just change the source 1st.

See pg 160 in the Z120 user manual. You can set it so the antenna is up only when the audio source is AM or FM. Not sure it that applies when you use the OFF button, but it might. Or just change the source 1st.

I've attached a print screen pic of my AVIC Manual page 160. I don't see anything about adjusting the antenna settings? I also tried to use the find word function in Adobe Reader, and all of the antenna refernces were with respect to the GPS antenna. Any help? Thanks.

post-49465-0-96418500-1297190057_thumb.jpg

I've attached a print screen pic of my AVIC Manual page 160. I don't see anything about adjusting the antenna settings? I also tried to use the find word function in Adobe Reader, and all of the antenna refernces were with respect to the GPS antenna. Any help? Thanks.

Sorry, my mistake. That was in the Z110 manual - pg 160. I see that the Z120 manual does not mention this feature. In fact, the AV System Settings screen on the Z120 appears to be missing two soft-buttons. I'm not sure if the problem is with the manual, or that they dropped that feature in the Z120. When I get back to my car I'll verify.

Here is what it said in the Z110 manual:

Switching the auto antenna setting

If the blue lead of the navigation system is connected to the antenna control terminal of the vehicle, select either of the following settings.

Power - The antenna extends or turns on when the ignition switch is turned on. The antenna is stored or turned off

when the ignition switch is turned off.

Radio - The antenna extends or turns on only when the audio source is FM or AM. The antenna is stored or turned

off when the AV source is switched to another source.

update: I checked my HU (a Z110 updated to Z120). The Z110 manual is correct for the Z120 also:

Touch [ANT CTRL] on the “AV System Settings†menu. You can then toggle between Power and Radio.

Since I don't have a powered/retractable antenna, I still don't know whether this fixes the OP issue. That is, if this setting is "Radio", and the audio source is AM or FM, does the antenna retract when OFF is selected? It should work if the source is not AM or FM.

Sorry, my mistake. That was in the Z110 manual - pg 160. I see that the Z120 manual does not mention this feature. In fact, the AV System Settings screen on the Z120 appears to be missing two soft-buttons. I'm not sure if the problem is with the manual, or that they dropped that feature in the Z120. When I get back to my car I'll verify.

Here is what it said in the Z110 manual:

Switching the auto antenna setting

If the blue lead of the navigation system is connected to the antenna control terminal of the vehicle, select either of the following settings.

Power - The antenna extends or turns on when the ignition switch is turned on. The antenna is stored or turned off

when the ignition switch is turned off.

Radio - The antenna extends or turns on only when the audio source is FM or AM. The antenna is stored or turned

off when the AV source is switched to another source.

update: I checked my HU (a Z110 updated to Z120). The Z110 manual is correct for the Z120 also:

Touch [ANT CTRL] on the “AV System Settings†menu. You can then toggle between Power and Radio.

Since I don't have a powered/retractable antenna, I still don't know whether this fixes the OP issue. That is, if this setting is "Radio", and the audio source is AM or FM, does the antenna retract when OFF is selected? It should work if the source is not AM or FM.

I'm sitting in front of my AVIC right now. In the AV System Settings I don't see a [ANT CTRL] option. The only options Im seeing are AV1 Input, AV2 Input, Wide Mode, Mute, Mute Level, Rear SP, DivX VOD, and VR Catalog Menu.

I've included a pic of what I am describing. Any help?

post-49465-0-88536100-1297307384_thumb.jpg

I'm sitting in front of my AVIC right now. In the AV System Settings I don't see a [ANT CTRL] option. The only options Im seeing are AV1 Input, AV2 Input, Wide Mode, Mute, Mute Level, Rear SP, DivX VOD, and VR Catalog Menu.

I've included a pic of what I am describing. Any help?

That's odd, here is mine. I wonder if the difference is because mine was a Z110 upgraded to Z120 software? Maybe the update doesn't overwrite all of the system software. And maybe the Z120 doesn't support this feature. Or maybe it never worked in the first place, so they removed it.

Sorry, I guess that's it then.

post-43400-0-57626800-1297313971_thumb.jpg