AVIC411.com

Let's talk about good music

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lets throw this out there instead, cause i might yield some more discussion worthy results. what types or genres of music to you like. and do you like them live, or studio versions, acoustic etc.

what do you think draws you to it.

now lets see if this can draw out some intelligent conversation.

like vblue, 80s music whats it do for you?

vblue is just an old codger and 80s music lets him re-live the "glory days"

amirite, vblue? :mrgreen:

Also, I heard "Funky Cold Medina" on the oldies station yesterday. I almost cried. :unsure:

LOL, yea thats the story we'll go with. And every time Funky Cold Medina comes on the volume goes up.

lets throw this out there instead, cause i might yield some more discussion worthy results. what types or genres of music to you like. and do you like them live, or studio versions, acoustic etc.

what do you think draws you to it.

now lets see if this can draw out some intelligent conversation.

like vblue, 80s music whats it do for you?

Well, Im an "Industrial" music fan. Most of you wont even know what that is. Groups like KMFDM, Frontline Assembly, and Skinny Puppy are what I can be heard listening to. It gets old real quick though. I fall back on 80's music mostly however. I just enjoy the way synth pop was produced back in that day.

Well, Im an "Industrial" music fan. Most of you wont even know what that is. Groups like KMFDM, Frontline Assembly, and Skinny Puppy are what I can be heard listening to. It gets old real quick though. I fall back on 80's music mostly however. I just enjoy the way synth pop was produced back in that day.

Thats great. This is going to sound cliche to and industrial genre fan . . but I listen to nin heavily. have for years. own every album or single/ep trent has popped out. many 2 copies, one open and one still wrapped in plastic. about 30 bootlegs too. but my familiarity with genre stops there. I am with you on the 80's music and totally recognize your love for the synth-pop of yesterday. great stuff. although I do have one or two current groups you should have a listen to that are heavily influenced by 80s music.

i listen to a ton of indie rock, lots of electronic stuff (house, beat, drum and bass, experimental and synth-rock type stuff) no "techno" and absolutely no trance. i would say i listen to a lot of on the indie rock side that is your "hipster" type music with out being one bit hipster at all. (thankfully) really like jazz too. i still buy at most my music on online, mainly itunes etc. but i have a massive 2k cd collection and a digital library mostly legal creeping up on the 3200 mark for albums.

First cd I ever purchased btw. Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree (16 Golden Greats) and i still love it.

call me old school but i still enjoy paying for music i love.

so vblue check out..

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours (not a typo)

Neon Neon - Stainless Style (roughly based on the concept of John DeLorean's life events and 80s in which he thrived, and later fell)

M83 - Saturdays = Youth (album made with 80s synth-pop and 80s films as direct influence)

there are others but you may love these if you like 80s synth-pop/rock

pm me if you have trouble finding any of them. or don't even want to look lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...