AVIC411.com

Is the Z110 compatible with the GEX-P10XMT?

Hi,

New here and pretty much signed up so I can ask this question...

I was wondering if any of you can tell me whether the GEX-P10XMT is compatible with our units? They don't make them anymore but there are still places that sell them new. The cool thing about these is that they have XM NavTraffic built in. It's a real time traffic condition service. This is in addition to the actual XM music service. Pionner lists the GEX-P920XM as a compatible XM tuner but have no mention of the one I'm posting about.

Let me know please. Since these are discontinued now, they can be had for the same amount as a regular XM Tuner.

Thanks!

Dan

Can you explain more about the nav traffic not being supported?

Is this something that XM dropped?

XM still has it. However, it hasn't been on a Pioneer unit since the original D/N/Z 1/2/3 Series. Pioneer switched the new units over to MSN Direct, and now that's being discontinued by Microsoft, so who knows who the next traffic provider will be. We might find out at CES.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one connected to my Z120, it works fine for XM Radio. However, XM Nav Traffic hasn't been supported in a long time.

When you connected the XM tuner to the Z120, did you connect the red switched power cable? Are you using the IP-BUS to connect the tuner to the Z120? Lastly, I previously connected the GEX-P10XMT to my AVIC-D1. I just upgrade to the Z120. Do you get full station art and song info on the Z120 screen?