AVIC411.com

Just a Couple Questions

I have founds tons of great information on this forum but now have two problems I cannot find answers too. A little background, I have a 2006 Mercedes SLK that came equipped with the Audio 20 radio and no CD changer. I installed a Cartronics blue tooth adapter for my Iphone , everything worked fine. I have now installed a Z120BT with a PAC SWI CAN 2 and PAC SWI-PS.

Problem 1. Before installing the Z120BT the radio would continue to play until I took the key out of the ignition, the Z120BT goes off as soon as the ignition is turned off. I wired the red power wire from the radio to the lighter, I believe this is the mistake but not sure how to fix it.

Problem 2. My dash display no longer shows the radio or phone only Audio please wait and Tel please wait. What do I need to buy so the display works the way it did?

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

• 8 months later...

I have founds tons of great information on this forum but now have two problems I cannot find answers too. A little background, I have a 2006 Mercedes SLK that came equipped with the Audio 20 radio and no CD changer. I installed a Cartronics blue tooth adapter for my Iphone , everything worked fine. I have now installed a Z120BT with a PAC SWI CAN 2 and PAC SWI-PS.

Problem 1. Before installing the Z120BT the radio would continue to play until I took the key out of the ignition, the Z120BT goes off as soon as the ignition is turned off. I wired the red power wire from the radio to the lighter, I believe this is the mistake but not sure how to fix it.

Problem 2. My dash display no longer shows the radio or phone only Audio please wait and Tel please wait. What do I need to buy so the display works the way it did?

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

Have almost same configuration. Except for instead of Z120BT got X930BT. Installation is still pending. Regarding Problem 2 I as much as I know it is expected. None of aftermarket radios will display anything on the MFD.

How do you like the steering wheel modules? Are they responsive? How long does it take to seek next track, control volume?

I got another question. Did you install the head unit by yourself? Were there any roadblock while installing?