AVIC411.com

OS X 10.7 "Lion" aka Magic Kitty

post-2-052090700%201287706788.jpg

I'm not so sure about most of you Apple fans but I think Apple has gone a little too far with calling everything "magic," its silly. So I whipped up a photoshop making a mockery of the new big cat and call him Magic Kitty.

If anyone is interested I've also posted this on OSX411.com, AVIC's partner site: http://osx411.com/index.php?/topic/124-the-magic-kitty/

post-2-052090700 1287706788_thumb.jpg

The last time I really liked anything Apple was back when I had an Apple IIe. :mrgreen:

I'm being halfway honest about that, I do have an iPod Touch and it's "ok" but I fail to really see anything ground-breaking with it. Maybe because Apple came out with them years and years ago. I bet they were pretty mind-blowing when they were first released.

I'm a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and my entire job centers around Oracle, Cisco, and Microsoft networking devices, so I would be castrated in my IT circle if I ever went Apple. lol

I do admit that they provide some nice competition to the PC market though, and competition is always good as long as you're a consumer.

The biggest turn off for most people when it comes to Apple isn't actually Apple itself, but Apple's consumer base. I love you like an eBrother, VBLUE, but you bastards can be some of the most smug, uppity punks I've ever seen. I was at Panera bread a week or so ago reading a book and the guy sitting across from me turns to the guy next to him and goes "Oh... I see you got a... what's that called... netbook? A netbook, yeah? So, how much that thing cost you?"

Me, in my head: "Oh great, HERE we go."

NetbookGuy turns to him and goes "Well... it was about 600 bucks when I bought it three years ago. It's a good little computer, it's great for word processing and surfing the web, which is what I bought it for, so I'm happy with it."

MacFag goes "Well, I just don't understand how people can pay so much money for such outdated, slow, and buggy hardware. I mean, seriously, some people need to get with the times and realize that Apple leads the way in all respects."

I'm not even shitting you guys, this is an almost verbatim account of what was said. NetbookGuy looked at me because I'M sitting there staring at him like " :blink: wtf just happened" and he just sighed and was like "Yeah... cool man." and went back to eating his lunch.

Hahaha oh man. That shit turns me off of Apple products hard, mostly because I know how I view smug people like that and I would hate to have someone look at me and be like "Oh God, I bet that guy thinks he's better than everyone else."

It's just... ugh. Hahahaha I'm rambling but this is something that really bugs me.

And Steve Jobs is a douche. They need to bring the Woz back.

I really wish my phone wasn't a POS without a camera... I would have filmed the whole thing. I don't know if it's the area I live in but this is fairly normal for Mac users around here.

Not to the extreme of THIS guy of course, but you get the idea.

smu

Little irony for you: this reply was typed and submitted on my iPod :P

Also, Robert, sorry about digressing from the original topic of your thread. I want to let you know that you did a great job on that graphic, when I first read it I actually thought it was real and you had me rolling my eyes like those smug, uppity people I hate. hahahaa So I guess each side of the PC/Mac controversy has their jerks, and I'm one of them. :P