AVIC411.com

Z120BT and Iphone 3GS bluetooth audio

Just installed my new Z120BT yesterday and LOVE IT!!!

BUT, only problem I am faced with currently is my iPhone 3GS won't connect to the audio. The BT connection picks right up for the phone options, but nothing for audio.....it just keeps saying connecting, then does nothing. When I hit the connect button it tells me to establish connection with the device first (But it's already connected).

Any ideas gang?

Bluetooth audio is buggy for me too. Try changing inputs a few times, like iPod or some other input back to Bluetooth, I find that helps. Also make sure it's configured for Bluetooth audio streaming and not hands free only. If all else fails try restarted the iPhone, sometimes mine won't connect to hands free until a reboot, some Apple bug.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no text or art work support from BT on iOS devices at this time.

So the no text/art is solely iOS related? I guess that was one thing I didn't look into before buying and am dissapointed in as I wanted to rid the whole cable need. BT was most of the reason I bought this unit and the call quality is garbage and no text/art. May be time for an android phone...

To the OP, have you tried playing audio anyway? Mine always says connecting once I get in the car but it still works.