AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Odd, when I update to version 4.0 I get stuck on the Pioneer screen and it does not load anything from there. Luckily I backed up and was able to restore. Version 3.25 worked fine, however. Does anyone else have this problem?

did you delete all the files in user\userdata\igo\save folder?

The first two items are controlled in your unit's "settings". Push the MENU button top left next to the MAP button. Then push "settings" bottom right....browse to your hearts content.

As for the nag screen; look at the rest of this page... Doh! :mrgreen:

Hmm, I can´t find how to disable the "Bing" before voice prompt. Could yo be more specific how to do that?

I also can´t find any settings to reduce the voice prompts, again, I don´t like that much talking, there was a possibility to edit a voice package to talk much, much less.

Again, thanks for any help.

Odd, when I update to version 4.0 I get stuck on the Pioneer screen and it does not load anything from there. Luckily I backed up and was able to restore. Version 3.25 worked fine, however. Does anyone else have this problem?

The reason that it is being stuck on the loading screen is that it is looking for a file that is not there, when it cannot find it, it then reboots. Please follow the instructions and install ALL the files in their proper locations. In the mod, i have conveniently put them in folders discribing the folders that they go in. Make sure that there is enough space, otherwise you will have to make some. Finally, like Ovalball said, make sure that delete the 'igo' folder in your user data. If you do all this, then it will work!

Abb,

It seems that not everyone copies all the files to the right place, so I was wondering if it might be easier to put your upgrade into a single tree containing all files from the flash drive root.

You could also include a batch file which would delete the userdata files with just a double click.

I actually build the files into a tree as I copy the onto the SD for each upgrade to be sure I have all the files going into the right place. I don't think it would take you anymore time when preparing the uploads, and would save some people some time and frustration, which I know is what you are all about.

wuddya think?

Abb,

It seems that not everyone copies all the files to the right place, so I was wondering if it might be easier to put your upgrade into a single tree containing all files from the flash drive root.

You could also include a batch file which would delete the userdata files with just a double click.

I actually build the files into a tree as I copy the onto the SD for each upgrade to be sure I have all the files going into the right place. I don't think it would take you anymore time when preparing the uploads, and would save some people some time and frustration, which I know is what you are all about.

wuddya think?

fusion600 - Building on that good thought, if it's OK with ABB, why don't we do it for him and let him stay in design mode. It's a great idea, you/we might be able to do the complete mod on your PC in the heated comfort of your home with a backup copy of My Flash Drive and three trips to the car. One for the backup, one for the Mod install & new backup copy, and one for GFX/Schemes and new backup copy). It appears the two most common errors are failure to delete User Data and failure to delete enough maps/poi to accommodate new GFX. Perhaps we could address these points at least initially. I'm all for making things easier for better adoption. I just don't want ABB to take time away from enhancements (like bigger compass).

fusion600 - Building on that good thought, if it's OK with ABB, why don't we do it for him and let him stay in design mode. It's a great idea, you/we might be able to do the complete mod on your PC in the heated comfort of your home with a backup copy of My Flash Drive and three trips to the car. One for the backup, one for the Mod install & new backup copy, and one for GFX/Schemes and new backup copy). It appears the two most common errors are failure to delete User Data and failure to delete enough maps/poi to accommodate new GFX. Perhaps we could address these points at least initially. I'm all for making things easier for better adoption. I just don't want ABB to take time away from enhancements (like bigger compass).

Absolutely why I made the suggestion. I really screwed up my back, and am on some serious narcotics for the pain so am not able to really contribute with the testing of this at all. I haven't been in my car in 6 weeks...

the .bat file(s) should only take a couple of lines/seconds to create. Again, I have no way to test them right now.

Abb (or anyone else who may know),

I've loaded your new version (4.0) twice now (to include the new GFX and Schemes) and everything seems to be working properly with one exception. When I open the schemes tab I only show the default day and nightime colors as choices. Before you flame me be advised that this is not the first mod I've loaded and I haven't had any problems to this point.....not that I'm incapable of making an error, but can someone point me in the right direction without having to load everything all over again. All the schemes seem to be there and everything in the GFX folder looks correct. And yes, I deleted the existing GFX folder first and got rid of my userdata.

By the way, other than my problem, looks to be an oustanding mod!

Abb (or anyone else who may know),

I've loaded your new version (4.0) twice now (to include the new GFX and Schemes) and everything seems to be working properly with one exception. When I open the schemes tab I only show the default day and nightime colors as choices. Before you flame me be advised that this is not the first mod I've loaded and I haven't had any problems to this point.....not that I'm incapable of making an error, but can someone point me in the right direction without having to load everything all over again. All the schemes seem to be there and everything in the GFX folder looks correct. And yes, I deleted the existing GFX folder first and got rid of my userdata.

By the way, other than my problem, looks to be an oustanding mod!

Make sure that the schemes are not in the same place as the GFX folder. The schemes are to be put in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/Igo/content/schemes'. I find it is easier to copy and paste all the schemes in that folder. If you do this, then you should see them.

The GFX folder is in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/Igo'

The reason that it is being stuck on the loading screen is that it is looking for a file that is not there, when it cannot find it, it then reboots. Please follow the instructions and install ALL the files in their proper locations. In the mod, i have conveniently put them in folders discribing the folders that they go in. Make sure that there is enough space, otherwise you will have to make some. Finally, like Ovalball said, make sure that delete the 'igo' folder in your user data. If you do all this, then it will work!

Thanks for the reply Abb, and great mod by the way. I tried twice from scratch with the same result carefully following your instructions. Funny that the backup copy I had of my "My Flash Drive" is 2.06 and not 3.0 for my f500bt, it must be an old backup. Maybe the reason it got stuck the second time around, not sure about the first. Now I have to re-update to version 3.0, no seeders at the moment for the torrent. Back to Daftia's 2.3 for now until I can get the update, I guess.

Make sure that the schemes are not in the same place as the GFX folder. The schemes are to be put in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/Igo/content/schemes'. I find it is easier to copy and paste all the schemes in that folder. If you do this, then you should see them.

The GFX folder is in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/Igo'

Well Abb,

I insured all the schemes were in the proper place as well as the GFX folder and the problem remained, so I bit the bullet and reloaded everything again and the result is exactly the same...only the default day and night. I'm completely stumped and more than a little frustrated. I like this mod so much and really don't want to go back. Don't mean to keep bugging you, but is there any other possibility that you may know as to why I see no schemes? Thanks in advance!

Well Abb,

I insured all the schemes were in the proper place as well as the GFX folder and the problem remained, so I bit the bullet and reloaded everything again and the result is exactly the same...only the default day and night. I'm completely stumped and more than a little frustrated. I like this mod so much and really don't want to go back. Don't mean to keep bugging you, but is there any other possibility that you may know as to why I see no schemes? Thanks in advance!

I know that you dont want to hear this, but it is something on your end, as it is working perfect in all other systems. I would know what the problem is in a heartbeat if I had your system in front of me, but I dont :(. Keep plugging away at it. I wish that you can take me step by step by video to show me EXACTLY where you have put all the folders and how yoour folders are set up. That would be the easiest way. Just PM me the video or send it to me.

I know that you dont want to hear this, but it is something on your end, as it is working perfect in all other systems. I would know what the problem is in a heartbeat if I had your system in front of me, but I dont :(. Keep plugging away at it. I wish that you can take me step by step by video to show me EXACTLY where you have put all the folders and how yoour folders are set up. That would be the easiest way. Just PM me the video or send it to me.

Thanks for the prompt reply Abb. And yes it was on my end....I suspected that but now that I figured out what it was I really feel like a dummy, but it just goes to show how precise computers are and how important it is for folks to follow directions. In my haste to complete the install I just copied the entire Schemes folder over instead of copying all the files inside as instructed. I'll bet you already caught the error, right? The folder is named 'Scheme' not 'Schemes'. Dropped that 's' and it works like a champ now. Thanks again for putting up with me and hopefully my experience may help someone in the future.