AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Hey Abb

Great mod, of course. I did notice that when I am in 3d mode w/o a route and then put in a route, home address for example, the screen will automatically switch to 2d mode. Not a big deal, I just hit the compass to switch it back, but did not know if you were aware of this.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

This version is great but im having some issues....

Since i installed it i cant keep the ilumination from cycling. Also, its always notifying me that the trip computer is available. Can this be turned off?

No issues, the illumination from cycling has nothing to do with this mod. Do a search, a few other people had problems with this that dont have mods. As far as the nag screen with the trip computer, the fix is on post #34

Hey Abb

Great mod, of course. I did notice that when I am in 3d mode w/o a route and then put in a route, home address for example, the screen will automatically switch to 2d mode. Not a big deal, I just hit the compass to switch it back, but did not know if you were aware of this.

This should only happen with the 'home address'. I tried to fix this in my V3.25 mod and was unsuccessful, but then again, I didnt try very hard as it is just a minor annoyance and nobody complained about it prior to this. I may look at this again in my next update

Abb1 see attached image for point 3:

In the background of the speedcam there is a violet square. I can fix it by myself but I can't find the file for it.

It is file 'IDT_speedcam_small.bmp'. It is a compressed bmp, so PS wont open it. here is the file, I extracted it for you. Just unzip it, make the background transparent and then put it back in 'ui_pioneer/800_480'

IDT_speedcam_small.rar

Where and on which lines in the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file is this text located? I need to change the "Y" dimension so I can drop it down a bit so that I can see it better. My Toyota truck has the unit at about a 5-degree downward tilt which makes this very hard to read.

Thanx,

Bud

Go to 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' find 'Next and current street' and change the y=-3 to y=3 in this code

;Shielded text in route
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMINextStreetNameShieldedRoute template=xtxt x=46 y=3 h=38 w=515 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=3 color=#FFFF40 color2=#8f0000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.direction_icon.valid&ui.vFullScreenNextStreet=1&ui.vShieldedText=1">
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMIActualStreetNameShieldedRoute	template=xtxt x=61 y=431 h=36 z=10 w=315 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=1&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet">

;Plain Text in Route
<TEXT sprNMINextStreetNamePlainRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=-3 w=515 font="tahoma" align="left" fontsize=34 glowsize=4 color=#FFFF40 color2=#8f0000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street" visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.direction_icon.valid&ui.vFullScreenNextStreet=1&ui.vShieldedText=0" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<TEXT sprNMIActualStreetNamePlainRoute template=xtxt x=61 y=429 z=10 w=315 align="left" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=0&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet">

;Actual street plain text no route
<TEXT sprNMIActualStreetNamePlainNoRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=-3 z=10 w=515 align="left" font="tahoma" fontsize=34 glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" visiblemodel="map.follow&!navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=0&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet=2">

;Actual street shielded text no route
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMIActualStreetNameShieldedNoRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=3 h=34 z=10 w=515 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="map.follow&!navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=1&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet=2">

If it is still not low enough just go to 4 or whatever number suits you

Hey Abb, I just started using V4. Looks good. But I was wondering if there was anyway of removing the MPH units associated with "your speed" from the map screen. I don't like advertising my speed to the rest of the car and so I turn that option off. We discussed this with your old version. I would love to try doing it if I new what file to edit (and I have the right program).

Thanks,

Jkdog

Go to 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' and then go to 'Your speed sign' and delete the center line which is this code

<TEXT txtYourSpeed template=xtxt x=690 y=111 w=112 z=10 font="tahoma" align="center" fontsize=30 glowsize=2 color=#f8cc28 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="gps.valid"  USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

That will do it

Go to 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' find 'Next and current street' and change the y=-3 to y=3 in this code

;Shielded text in route
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMINextStreetNameShieldedRoute template=xtxt x=46 y=3 h=38 w=515 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=3 color=#FFFF40 color2=#8f0000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.direction_icon.valid&ui.vFullScreenNextStreet=1&ui.vShieldedText=1">
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMIActualStreetNameShieldedRoute	template=xtxt x=61 y=431 h=36 z=10 w=315 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=1&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet">

;Plain Text in Route
<TEXT sprNMINextStreetNamePlainRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=-3 w=515 font="tahoma" align="left" fontsize=34 glowsize=4 color=#FFFF40 color2=#8f0000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street" visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.direction_icon.valid&ui.vFullScreenNextStreet=1&ui.vShieldedText=0" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<TEXT sprNMIActualStreetNamePlainRoute template=xtxt x=61 y=429 z=10 w=315 align="left" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=0&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet">

;Actual street plain text no route
<TEXT sprNMIActualStreetNamePlainNoRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=-3 z=10 w=515 align="left" font="tahoma" fontsize=34 glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" visiblemodel="map.follow&!navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=0&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet=2">

;Actual street shielded text no route
<ROADSHIELDEDTEXT  sprNMIActualStreetNameShieldedNoRoute template=xtxt x=43 y=3 h=34 z=10 w=515 ANIMATE=2 SCROLLSPEED=25 GAP=1 align="left" valign="center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street_enc" fontsize=34 font="tahoma" glowsize=4 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 visiblemodel="map.follow&!navigation.has_route&ui.vShieldedText=1&ui.vFullScreenActualStreet=2">

If it is still not low enough just go to 4 or whatever number suits you

Thanx!

Now all is well.

..Bud

This should only happen with the 'home address'. I tried to fix this in my V3.25 mod and was unsuccessful, but then again, I didnt try very hard as it is just a minor annoyance and nobody complained about it prior to this. I may look at this again in my next update

Thanks Abb, like I said, not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure I downloaded the files correctly. Everything works fine.

One last thing for now. Is there a way to get the splitnav screen to display other than at a right angle view at default? Even though it comes up in 3D I still have to tilt it back down every time I use it.

Thanx,

Bud

No, unfortunately you have to take the good with the bad. It is kinda annoying, but more than worth it

Hey brother, I tried switching vehicles, and unfortunately I've found an issue. After I rebooted, now it crashes when you try to go into NAV. It says

OUT OF MEMORY and shows something about a cache. If you click ok, it reboots. If you click the ipod you can still get into the ipod section but no more nav.

I figured maybe I can trash my user preferences if I can figure out how to to that, or just reinstall the whole mod.

Hey brother, I tried switching vehicles, and unfortunately I've found an issue. After I rebooted, now it crashes when you try to go into NAV. It says

OUT OF MEMORY and shows something about a cache. If you click ok, it reboots. If you click the ipod you can still get into the ipod section but no more nav.

I figured maybe I can trash my user preferences if I can figure out how to to that, or just reinstall the whole mod.

Which vehicle caused the crash? Did it go away after you switched back? I switch vehicles all the time and never had a problem. It could be a bad vehicle file as I have not tested them all out.

Which vehicle caused the crash? Did it go away after you switched back? I switch vehicles all the time and never had a problem. It could be a bad vehicle file as I have not tested them all out.

Thats the bad part, I don't remember which car it was. You can't switch it back, because it crashes every bootup.

Thats the bad part, I don't remember which car it was. You can't switch it back, because it crashes every bootup.

Delete your igo folder in your user settings. that should fix it, but I HAVE to know what car it was that you picked. I had this problem before with a car that was in Mister Blues original file and I fixed that one for my mod. I tried to test all the popular ones and they were ok, but with 96 cars, I could not test them all. I had the same car files for the V3 series as well as this version and never had a complaint, so it must have been an offbeat vehicle that you picked

Delete your igo folder in your user settings. that should fix it, but I HAVE to know what car it was that you picked. I had this problem before with a car that was in Mister Blues original file and I fixed that one for my mod. I tried to test all the popular ones and they were ok, but with 96 cars, I could not test them all. I had the same car files for the V3 series as well as this version and never had a complaint, so it must have been an offbeat vehicle that you picked

I had this happen to me too but I had to reload my entire Flash Disk...nothing else would work. The "Jeep" caused my crash.

Hope this helps,

Bud