AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Any word on the new version?

Well Hanibal, I was going to put it up last weekend, but reading through Diaftias thread, I really dont know. Almost every page has troubleshooting questions from hell and they are mostly not even directed at the mod itself, but through installation problems. I was thinking 'Alex, what have you gotten yourself into?'. I dont have the time to troubleshoot like that, and reading through Diaftias mod, EVERY DAY there is someone needing help, or something. I am extremely busy with my work right now where I am away for long periods of time, and I do not have time to troubleshoot and it would not be fair to put something up and not being there to support it. This IS, in my opinion, my best mod yet with new features and a much better graphical interface. I was thinking about sending V5 to all those that have donated as I have them in my friends list and I feel that I owe it to them.

Well Hanibal, I was going to put it up last weekend, but reading through Diaftias thread, I really dont know. Almost every page has troubleshooting questions from hell and they are mostly not even directed at the mod itself, but through installation problems. I was thinking 'Alex, what have you gotten yourself into?'. I dont have the time to troubleshoot like that, and reading through Diaftias mod, EVERY DAY there is someone needing help, or something. I am extremely busy with my work right now where I am away for long periods of time, and I do not have time to troubleshoot and it would not be fair to put something up and not being there to support it. This IS, in my opinion, my best mod yet with new features and a much better graphical interface. I was thinking about sending V5 to all those that have donated as I have them in my friends list and I feel that I owe it to them.

If you're concerned about install problems, just release it how you normally would, tell us how to install and then leave us to it. I've been thinking about making an installer program that could be used with the different Mods out there.

So far all your stuff is gold.

If you're concerned about install problems, just release it how you normally would, tell us how to install and then leave us to it. I've been thinking about making an installer program that could be used with the different Mods out there.

So far all your stuff is gold.

No, that is not the problem. It is just that a lot of people cannot follow directions. I had very precise directions in my V4 mod and people still did not follow them to a 'T' and then had problems. My job has just gotten twice as busy and I just dont have the time to troubleshoot.

Well that's really unfortunate! :blink:

Abb, my point of view is that when you share your works with the rest of the community, you provide a favor to all who want to try it out, and if they can't follow the correct instructions correctly, that is their own problems and you are in no way obligated to support them, but only if you want to and of course, have time to do so, just like the rest of us. If that is too complicated for them, maybe this mod is not for them, so they will decide to switch to other mods if they want to.

This been said, even though I don't use your mod but my own one, I feel that it is better to put it up online for the general community instead of to those who made donations. Even this is not the goal (we are not working for money here in this forum, right??? :razz: ), more donations will eventually come to your PayPal.

Please reconsider!

I hear what you are saying and I really HATE dissapointing anybody. I will see when I get back home next week. I may put it up, BUT WITH CLOSURE THAT I WILL NOT TROUBLESHOOT AS I REALLY AM NEVER HOME ANYMORE! Two days one week and three days the next, and trust me, when I am home, I do not want to sit in front of a computer and troubleshoot an installation that was not done right.

I DO NOT want anybody to get the wrong idea about given the mod to those that donated. I sure as hell dont do this for donations, but I DO feel commited to those that have shown their appreciation. Trust me, it is not a monetary thing as I have an excellent income, and I have myself donated to both, Diaftia and IDT to show my appreciation for their hard work and input. Hell, if they were in my city, I would buy them so many beers, that they would not stand :D!

We spend a lot of time putting these mods together and it is a nice feeling to get an email that says 'Nice Job! I sent you some money for a couple of beers! Cheers' ... instead of hearing 'I installed your mod, but it doesnt work for me', or 'I dont like the smartzoom' or 'I dont like transparent signs'. These mods, wether they are done by myself, IDT or Alex are done on an individual basis and our tastes differ. It is impossible to please everyone, but we are doing the best that we can for the community.

So is it wrong to give my mod to those that are supportive, had nothing but good things to say, and have appreciated the hard work that went into these mods? ....I don't think so! I want to share the work that I do, but looking through Alex's mod and some of the comments he had to deal with, I just dont have time for :( .

I will see if I have the time when I come home to put up an MSN version of this mod, but I will not troubleshoot it!

I hear what you are saying and I really HATE dissapointing anybody. I will see when I get back home next week. I may put it up, BUT WITH CLOSURE THAT I WILL NOT TROUBLESHOOT AS I REALLY AM NEVER HOME ANYMORE! Two days one week and three days the next, and trust me, when I am home, I do not want to sit in front of a computer and troubleshoot an installation that was not done right.

I DO NOT want anybody to get the wrong idea about given the mod to those that donated. I sure as hell dont do this for donations, but I DO feel commited to those that have shown their appreciation. Trust me, it is not a monetary thing as I have an excellent income, and I have myself donated to both, Diaftia and IDT to show my appreciation for their hard work and input. Hell, if they were in my city, I would buy them so many beers, that they would not stand :D!

We spend a lot of time putting these mods together and it is a nice feeling to get an email that says 'Nice Job! I sent you some money for a couple of beers! Cheers' ... instead of hearing 'I installed your mod, but it doesnt work for me', or 'I dont like the smartzoom' or 'I dont like transparent signs'. These mods, wether they are done by myself, IDT or Alex are done on an individual basis and our tastes differ. It is impossible to please everyone, but we are doing the best that we can for the community.

So is it wrong to give my mod to those that are supportive, had nothing but good things to say, and have appreciated the hard work that went into these mods? ....I don't think so! I want to share the work that I do, but looking through Alex's mod and some of the comments he had to deal with, I just dont have time for :( .

I will see if I have the time when I come home to put up an MSN version of this mod, but I will not troubleshoot it!

Hello,

ABB1 I think that you speak about me for the transparency,Rather than to take him badly, A work in common, As with chuck88 Would have been more judicious (The work in common has of the voucher)

On these words Good Sunday Jean-louis