AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

will there be a non msn as i don't use it and never will>?

That is what I am using and testing now. I have never posted a non-msn because nobody wants it and the only time i did, there was very few downloads. i may put it up this time though

That is what I am using and testing now. I have never posted a non-msn because nobody wants it and the only time i did, there was very few downloads. i may put it up this time though

Would love to run a poll. I don't know anyone that wants the MSN version. Isn't it expired? No-MSN for me please.

Would love to run a poll. I don't know anyone that wants the MSN version. Isn't it expired? No-MSN for me please.

I you have a X710BT or F700BT, you don't even have the MSN thing on it.

For X910BT and up, you have the MSN hardware, and service availability depends where you live. I also remember that MSN was talking about discontinue the service sometime ago, but surprisingly, people are still using it in the North America.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this matter ...

So people are paying this MSN Direct function for nothing from now ON? :unsure:

Well, they get it for another ten months and then it will seize to exist. I always delete the MSN stuff from the mod that I have in my system because it is not supported in my area and deleting this makes the DATA.zip file smaller and frees up resources in the system. I had a non-msn version in my earlier 2.0 mod and only about 1/8 people downloaded it so I did not include it afterwards. The majority always rules! For my personal mod though, I am not going to have the system load up stuff that I cannot use. That is just silly!

Well, they get it for another ten months and then it will seize to exist. I always delete the MSN stuff from the mod that I have in my system because it is not supported in my area and deleting this makes the DATA.zip file smaller and frees up resources in the system. I had a non-msn version in my earlier 2.0 mod and only about 1/8 people downloaded it so I did not include it afterwards. The majority always rules! For my personal mod though, I am not going to have the system load up stuff that I cannot use. That is just silly!

Yeah but Abb you might just create more works for yourself for nothing (or very little thing), as newer AVIC has lot of RAM in it, so the couple of dozains of additional scripts for the MSN and TMC do really very little in the RAM usage.

You can see that yourself with the Resource Meter included in the TestMode files, and there are lot of memory left after you load up everything.

Just my two cents. :rolleyes:

as newer AVIC has lot of RAM in it

What newer Avic? The F series has just as much ram as the X series! Even if it is just a little difference, it is pointless to have something in your system that is incapable of being ever being used. In my mod though, it is a little more resourceful as ther is an entire seperate dropdown menu for MSN, plus a lot of HiRez icons. This is just for myself anyways, and the majority of people want MSN, that is why I post it with MSN included

Not that sure but in some posts they were talking about lower the RAM usage of 14 MB to 2 MB for application to speedup the iGO or something, but with firmware 2.x, so I thought that this is no longer the case because I got plenty of RAM left even with all scripts ON.

Not that sure but in some posts they were talking about lower the RAM usage of 14 MB to 2 MB for application to speedup the iGO or something, but with firmware 2.x, so I thought that this is no longer the case because I got plenty of RAM left even with all scripts ON.

Wow, that was from V1 to V2.0. The files have been reduced considerably, especially in the image.res file, which used to have a background image that was customizable, but after V2, a lot of that was hardcoded into the Avic to conserve memory, therefore increasing responsiveness and speeding up boot times. This was further enhanced from V2-V3, but not to the extreme as it was in its prior release. If we were to put our present mods in V1, then the system would probably not even run. That is why it is a good idea to keep the fie sizes down as low as possible. When I first did my V4, I did not reduce any of the bmps and the Data.zip was a whopping 27 mb. During testing, the Avic constantly froze (memory errors) and would run very slow. I had to reduce ALL the files in my V4 in its final release to make it stable. My V5 has been reduced even further despite a lot more data and files that were added. I have been running my final non-msn version of my V5 for several months now, and it has not even hiccupped onced and it is ROCKSOLID :)!

Abb,

Not sure if this is a possibility or not, but I'd love it if there was a way to switch off some of your add-ins. I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not, but since some of us don't use the whole package, it'd be great if we could trade speed for certain functions. Is that something that might be feasable?