AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Abb's Chrome Nav Mod 'All-in-One' V4.0

*First off, I would like to thank and give credit to these Modders, who without, given their knowledge and contributions to these forums, a lot of these mods, mine included, would not exist. These Modders are 'IDT, Diaftia, N-S-E-W, BorisM, MrBlue, and 34X151'

New features from V3.25:

• New Chrome theme (Main/AV) with many graphical improvements included in download to match Nav mod.

• Latest 'Warning screen removal' is included

• The Trip Computer has been redesigned and the scripting has been changed to make the Trip Computer more reliable

• New backup feature to backup your entire 'My Flash Disk'. A 2GB SD card is required for this operation

• AV is now permanent in this mod as it is redesigned for visual appeal. This can still be hidden by clicking on the 'AV Hide' button which is now located on the top header bar beside the phone icon. AV will automatically be hidden during simulation and reappear when simulation is complete.

• A shortcut has been added to the Applications Menu to access the 'Control Panel' without going into 'TestMode'

• A shortcut has been created in the 'Extras Menu' to view 'speedlogs'. This can now be viewed to determine the entire speed in 5 sec intervals (can be changed) for any trip or route.

• A shortcut has been added to the 'Route Menu' to add any route to Favorites. This was achieved before by only going through several submenus.

• 'Time to Turn' info was added to 'Splitscreen Map'

• Many Graphical improvements

• File sizes were reduced to allow smooth operation of mod with new features. File size is now 19.1 mb

• New GFX folder and new schemes folder with a few new schemes that I have created.

• New 'all-in-one' has NEW chrome theme with graphical improvements and Carvers latest 'no nag' fix.

Screen Shots

ON ROUTE

NV2.jpg

NO ROUTE W/ NEW AV

NV1.jpg

MAIN MENU

NV3.jpg

NEW ROUTE MENU

NV4.jpg

NEW APPLICATIONS MENU WITH NEW FEATURES

NV5.jpg

EXTRA'S MENU

NV6.jpg

SPLITNAV

NV7.jpg

NEW REDESIGNED TRIPMETER

NV8.jpg

SPEEDOMETER

NV9.jpg

DIGI DIAL

NV10.jpg

DEST DIAL

NV11.jpg

NEW MAIN SCREEN

AV1.jpg

IPOD

AV2.jpg

SIRIUS

AV3.jpg

Installation Instructions!

THIS MOD IS FOR FIRMWARE V3 AND LATER ONLY!!!

Extract all of the folders/files from the .rar file you downloaded, onto a freshly formatted SD card with a testmode folder. You only need to deal with 4 different folders on your AVIC and they are labeled on the folders themselves that the files are in within the zip once extracted.

Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

Once the SD card is inserted into your AVIC, power it on and boot into testmode:

1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card

2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.

3.Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS IN 'MyFlashDisk' folder'. Move the 'System' folder found inside into 'MyFlashDisk' along side APL, APL2, etc..

4.Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS in 'MyFlashDisk-APL' Folder'. Move ' CommonLib.dll', 'Image.res', 'MainMenu.exe', and 'SystemSetting.exe' into the APL folder

5. Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS in 'MyFlashDisk-APL2-IGO' Folder'.

6. Scroll your pointer over the 8 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", “BULLPEN3D.ttfâ€, “Digital.ttfâ€, "DS-DIGI.TTF", "TAHOMA.TTF", "TAHOMABD.TTF" and "sys.txt", as well as the 2 folders, "3DCars' and "Extension" to select them all. If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in the EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC.

7. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY

8. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it

9. Navigate to APL2-iGo

10. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE all 8 files and both folders

11. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)

12. You need to delete the user files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData". Delete the ENTIRE "iGo" .

13. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.

14. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC. DO NOT REMOVE THE SD CARD WITHOUT TURNING OFF YOUR AVIC FIRST!!!

NEW SCHEMES - Instructions

-Install my GFX folder (after it has been extracted) to 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO' folder. Afterwards it should look like this:

'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/GFX'

-Install my schemes into 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/CONTENT/SCHEMES' folder. Once it is installed, you should be able to open up the CONTENT folder and see all my schemes along with 'Pioneer_blue_day.zip' scheme

*YOU NEED MY GFX FOLDER FOR THE SCHEMES TO WORK

**If this is too complicated for you, DO NOT TRY THIS!

*To install the NEW GFX folder, delete the present one first and then add the new one! THIS IS A MUST!

Donations

I have NEVER asked for donations EVER, but a lot of forum members are encouraging me to take them as a way to receive thanks in the form of 'Beer Money'. I have agreed to take donations as a form of appreciation for all this hard work. Any donations will be greatly appreciated, but they are by no means mandatory. Donations can be accepted by using PayPal and forwarding payment to aboudreau1@cogeco.ca

DOWNLOADS

Chrome Nav Mod V4.0

Chrome Nav Mod V4.0 UK

NEW GFX Folder

NEW Schemes

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Abb, What a tidy piece of work, many thanks for continued efforts.I shared the anticipation of the gent who resorted to cleaning his garage yesterday.

A few questions prior to entering my frosty car for the file transfers:

1. My understanding is, once installed, Testmode is no longer required becuase of Total Commander provides acess to all but DATA.Zip? If so, are there any changes (e.g., software bypass or omitting from install the Tahoma font files if personal preference) that should be done prior to install? Correct?

2. Regarding 'New Schemes Instructions' want to clarify instructions as one point baffled me during the warmer months, Specifically, the reference to 'Install' simply means SELECT/COPY/PASTE from the SD Card to the appropriate location/level within the reference folder/directory? Correct?

Looking forward to new experience and will provide feedback. Enjoy the day!

Abb, What a tidy piece of work, many thanks for continued efforts.I shared the anticipation of the gent who resorted to cleaning his garage yesterday.

A few questions prior to entering my frosty car for the file transfers:

1. My understanding is, once installed, Testmode is no longer required becuase of Total Commander provides acess to all but DATA.Zip? If so, are there any changes (e.g., software bypass or omitting from install the Tahoma font files if personal preference) that should be done prior to install? Correct?

You will still need 'Testmode' if you are making changes to the Data.zip file or the 'image.res' file or any other file that is in use while you are running Total Commander. You cannot make changes to a file as it is being run.

2. Regarding 'New Schemes Instructions' want to clarify instructions as one point baffled me during the warmer months, Specifically, the reference to 'Install' simply means SELECT/COPY/PASTE from the SD Card to the appropriate location/level within the reference folder/directory? Correct?

Looking forward to new experience and will provide feedback. Enjoy the day!

Correct, however, as always, make a backup in case something goes wrong. While installing the new GFX folder, you may have to delete the old one first (after it is backed up)

Damn abb, you almost make me want to get another 910 again. Great work. :-D

Thanks, I would much rather go to something with a 7" screen, but until I can find something in that, that I can mod, I will be sticking with the 910.

Great works Abb, as I am also making my own mod, strictly for myself for instance, which is derived from your Chrome v2.75, I still have lot to learn from you and other modders.

Keep up the good works!

Cheers!

P.s.: Oh yeah, I remember that you had mentioned releasing also your matching Image.res at the same time. If this still in the plan?

Great works Abb, as I am also making my own mod, strictly for myself for instance, which is derived from your Chrome v2.75, I still have lot to learn from you and other modders.

Keep up the good works!

Cheers!

P.s.: Oh yeah, I remember that you had mentioned releasing also your matching Image.res at the same time. If this still in the plan?

The new image.res file is in the download as I said, it is an 'all-in-one'. Pictures are at the bottom, plus it has the changes to incorporate the new AV bar at the bottom of the NAV screen

This is nice work.

A few minor things, at least on my system. When I try to pick the "ABB Evening" scheme I get "NIGHT II.bmp file not found".

Also I get this nag screen pop up "Trip Computer is Accessible" when it goes to map mode. Is this normal?

You have to properly install the new GFX file that I have posted. This has the bmp's of the new schemes. Yes, the nag screen is normal as it is supposed to come upo when the trip meter is functional. I may get rid of this in a future update, I dunno...

Keep up the good works!

Cheers!

Come on chuck....share it with the rest of us. :wink:

You have to properly install the new GFX file that I have posted. This has the bmp's of the new schemes. Yes, the nag screen is normal as it is supposed to come upo when the trip meter is functional. I may get rid of this in a future update, I dunno...

Yes, that would be great if you could get rid of it. Thanks.

Come on chuck....share it with the rest of us. :wink:

Will do Ovalball, I didn't post it just for the respect of Abb. But now that I know Abb will no longer update his mod v2.75, so the possibility that I eventually release it is very high. No mean to hijack (I know that Abb will not mind), but I will inform the few die-hard people still using v2.75 in the old thread of v2.75.

I am personally very satisfied with what I have on hands, so I expect that it will worth the wait for others.

Kudo to Abb again. :rolleyes: