AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Will do Ovalball, I didn't post it just for the respect of Abb. But now that I know Abb will no longer update his mod v2.75, so the possibility that I eventually release it is very high. No mean to hijack (I know that Abb will not mind), but I will inform the few die-hard people still using v2.75 in the old thread of v2.75.

I am personally very satisfied with what I have on hands, so I expect that it will worth the wait for others.

Kudo to Abb again. :rolleyes:

Know what you are saying Chuck.I am sure Abb would welcome other peoples ideas,and also anything that may increase the interest on here.Without Abbs input I wouldn't like to think where we might be now.I love to try out all the new mods and have even managed to personalise a couple of things myself(only minor but still challenging).Don't think that there is THE perfect mod yet,simply because we all have different tastes...thank goodness :smile: The first one I ever tried was Dphursts mod and i still think the main UI takes some beating.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Well, I am glad to see that Chuck is doing some work as well, and with 51 downloads in one day of my V4 mod of the reg and UK version, means that maybe this forum is more alive than any of us thought. Remember everyone, there is no problem if anyone wants to use parts of any of these mods in this forum, as that is what this forum is about, just remember to leave credits to those of the original modders :)

You have to properly install the new GFX file that I have posted. This has the bmp's of the new schemes. Yes, the nag screen is normal as it is supposed to come upo when the trip meter is functional. I may get rid of this in a future update, I dunno...

Same two issues for me. I did install GFX correctly, or so I thought. I fixed it by going back and deleting the "ABB Evening" scheme in the folder.

As for the trip computer nag screen...it is new for this version, isn't it? Haven't seen it until now. I don't use the trip computer, so it is truly a "nag" to me.

Except for that one snag...this mod is absolutely perfect! Can't imagine how many hours you've got invested...you probably don't even want to know :o

THANKS FOR SHARING! You're a class act.

Same two issues for me. I did install GFX correctly, or so I thought. I fixed it by going back and deleting the "ABB Evening" scheme in the folder.

As for the trip computer nag screen...it is new for this version, isn't it? Haven't seen it until now. I don't use the trip computer, so it is truly a "nag" to me.

Except for that one snag...this mod is absolutely perfect! Can't imagine how many hours you've got invested...you probably don't even want to know :o

THANKS FOR SHARING! You're a class act.

I had a minor GFX related error message during install'Error Code 50' Cannot Copy SKY0.BMP. Clicked 'OK' seems to work fine (until I call for a BMP starting with 'S' or beyond). Assummed it was a memory issue related to the size of that specific file, but worked before using attached instructions & it also transfered all 'Schemes' afterward. Totally enjoy & thanks again!Install Instructions.pdf

I had a minor GFX related error message during install'Error Code 50' Cannot Copy SKY0.BMP. Clicked 'OK' seems to work fine (until I call for a BMP starting with 'S' or beyond). Assummed it was a memory issue related to the size of that specific file, but worked before using attached instructions & it also transfered all 'Schemes' afterward. Totally enjoy & thanks again!Install Instructions.pdf

I copied "SUNSET1.BMP" to "NIGHT II.BMP" inside the /abb/night directory. That fixed "ABB Evening" scheme for me.

I'm in the same boat, I rarely use the trip comptuer. So I copied the old V3.25 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui" inside the data.zip file and put it into the new data.zip file. So, now I'm a happy camper.

I feel like V4 the screen responses are a lot faster.

I copied "SUNSET1.BMP" to "NIGHT II.BMP" inside the /abb/night directory. That fixed "ABB Evening" scheme for me.

I'm in the same boat, I rarely use the trip comptuer. So I copied the old V3.25 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui" inside the data.zip file and put it into the new data.zip file. So, now I'm a happy camper.

I feel like V4 the screen responses are a lot faster.

What a great idea for the nag screen! I'm trying it myself right now but having issues...prob doing it wrong. I went to v3.25 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui",right click/copy. Then went to my decktop;right click/paste.

Opened the new v4.0 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui". then dragged and drop into UI folder. Now I get an error message "Windows cannot create the compressed folder. File may be in use. (but it is not in use.)

Could you please post a step by step. I would really appreciate it!

PS: Using 7-Zip & Winrar

What a great idea for the nag screen! I'm trying it myself right now but having issues...prob doing it wrong. I went to v3.25 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui",right click/copy. Then went to my decktop;right click/paste.

Opened the new v4.0 "ui_pioneer/common/tripcomputer.ui". then dragged and drop into UI folder. Now I get an error message "Windows cannot create the compressed folder. File may be in use. (but it is not in use.)

Could you please post a step by step. I would really appreciate it!

PS: Using 7-Zip & Winrar

Try deleting the tripcomputer.ui in v4.0 data.zip first. Then paste the old v3.25 tripcomputer.ui into there. I'm not using 7-Zip to recompress or anything. Just using the windows built in zip functions to browse, delete, and paste into data.zip.

Great work! Please don´t throw stones at me if this is already answered:

How do I get rid of the annoying repeating messages "in 800m ... in 500m ... in 300m ..." It ist way to much talk. I would like to have only one reminder 100m before to turn, maybe two. There was a german project (Shorty), but it will work with old iGo versions only. In short: reduce the talking to a minimum.

And I would like to get rid of the "ding", there was something to replace the wav files with silence, am I right?

Last thing, is there a way to disable the "Trip Computer is accessible" message nag screen? I never use it anyway.

Thank you so much!

Try deleting the tripcomputer.ui in v4.0 data.zip first. Then paste the old v3.25 tripcomputer.ui into there. I'm not using 7-Zip to recompress or anything. Just using the windows built in zip functions to browse, delete, and paste into data.zip.

I'll give that a shot tonight. Is that the method you used, or did you over write the old file? Just curious.

Thanks for the response...anyone else's 2 cents are welcome as well :rolleyes:

Great work! Please don´t throw stones at me if this is already answered:

How do I get rid of the annoying repeating messages "in 800m ... in 500m ... in 300m ..." It ist way to much talk. I would like to have only one reminder 100m before to turn, maybe two. There was a german project (Shorty), but it will work with old iGo versions only. In short: reduce the talking to a minimum.

And I would like to get rid of the "ding", there was something to replace the wav files with silence, am I right?

Last thing, is there a way to disable the "Trip Computer is accessible" message nag screen? I never use it anyway.

Thank you so much!

The first two items are controlled in your unit's "settings". Push the MENU button top left next to the MAP button. Then push "settings" bottom right....browse to your hearts content.

As for the nag screen; look at the rest of this page... Doh! :mrgreen: