AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Excuse my ignorance, but I am just coming to this site as I purchased a new AVIC-x910bt about 3 weeks ago, and don't like the base features. Will I have any issues installing the Version 4.0 mod to this unit?

No, you will not have any issues! Just follow the installation instructions 100%.
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Sorry for the nag screen in the trip computer. It was one of the elements to make this work better. I will have to look into this and see what I can do as I use the trip computer frequently as a tool for gas mileage calculation on frequent trips that I travel. For those that do not use the trip computer, an easy fix is just to switch the tripcomputer. File from the V3.25 version, which is what a few of you had done.

Another great job Abb1, especially the transparent AV bar and skipping the warning nag screen.Perfect!

Some questions /remarks for the UK version.

1) when I start the Avic I receive a pop screen "Tripcomputer is accessible", how can I disable this?

2) For the TMC event you use image 746_32_OM-507_24b.bmp. This are small icons can you change it equal as 746_32_OM-506_24b.bmp. Now I see 1.5 icon in the TMC event list.

3) For the fixed speedcam is a violet square visible in the background (not transparent).

4) Is the service-info settings default?, when I change an item the next time I start it up again it is changed again to the old setting (default)

For everyone that wants the 'Nag' screen for the trip computer disabled, here is how to do that. Make sure to backup your 'tripcomputer.ui' file before doing so.

Go into 'Data\ui_pioneer\common\ui\tripcomputer.ui'

go to <script sc_TripComputer_Ck>

Delete this code

INITMESSAGEBOX 0 "Trip Computer is Accessible "

This should prevent the 'Nag screen' from popping up. I haven't tested this, so if there are any problems, let me know

Another great job Abb1, especially the transparent AV bar and skipping the warning nag screen.Perfect!

Some questions /remarks for the UK version.

1) when I start the Avic I receive a pop screen "Tripcomputer is accessible", how can I disable this?

2) For the TMC event you use image 746_32_OM-507_24b.bmp. This are small icons can you change it equal as 746_32_OM-506_24b.bmp. Now I see 1.5 icon in the TMC event list.

3) For the fixed speedcam is a violet square visible in the background (not transparent).

4) Is the service-info settings default?, when I change an item the next time I start it up again it is changed again to the old setting (default)

For #1, the solution is in the post above, for the others, I wont be able to help you unless, you put up pictures and show me what you mean. I did the UK version while have UK members test this out. Here in Ontario, we have no speed cameras, nor TMC,and the signs are different, so I need pictures describing the problems that you are having.

Hey Abb

I am currently running the FX3.1 mod because my unit bricked and I need a quick fix. When I try to install your new 4.0 mod my unit says there is not enough space for all of the files.

Any advice?

This is a HUGE mod, so in order to make space, you have to possibly delete some maps that you do not use. For example, I will never travel to Mexico, or Alaska, or California, so I deleted the maps and P.O.I's of those locations

Thank you very much abb.. this is and excellent job.

One thing I am missing with Pioneer or may be I have not tried it hard enough for it?

Say, I am at a location, just Longitude and Lattitude are known for it. ( Like to travel through mountains and visit falls for example. For which there is really no address but L/L ) how do I save it? on my garmin, I can 'save present location' and name it and add it to favorites folder. Is there any such option available with this unit?

Thanks again for your hard work. Really appreciate it. I sure am working on removing that Trip computer.

Oh yeah, how come I am missing icons like Fuel calculator and few others? I only get 3 or 4 icons there. I know I have downloaded complete 3.25 and now this one.. but it is still missing. Any idea?

Thank you very much abb.. this is and excellent job.

One thing I am missing with Pioneer or may be I have not tried it hard enough for it?

Say, I am at a location, just Longitude and Lattitude are known for it. ( Like to travel through mountains and visit falls for example. For which there is really no address but L/L ) how do I save it? on my garmin, I can 'save present location' and name it and add it to favorites folder. Is there any such option available with this unit?

Thanks again for your hard work. Really appreciate it. I sure am working on removing that Trip computer.

Oh yeah, how come I am missing icons like Fuel calculator and few others? I only get 3 or 4 icons there. I know I have downloaded complete 3.25 and now this one.. but it is still missing. Any idea?

The items that you are missing in the route menu are the ones that are only visible when a route is selected. The fuel calculator is designed to show you how much fuel you use on a specific route. It cannot be used (obviously) if there is no route present. Pick a route and you will see alll applicable icons appear

The items that you are missing in the route menu are the ones that are only visible when a route is selected. The fuel calculator is designed to show you how much fuel you use on a specific route. It cannot be used (obviously) if there is no route present. Pick a route and you will see alll applicable icons appear

Thanks for the reply. After my last post, I played with it and figured it out that all that shows up only after a route is selected.

I tried to use backup to SD card gave me an error. Mortscript V4.2 error. mscr and mortrun extensions registered. Please run any mscr/mortrun file or read the manual.

May be it is memory error or file corruption? I posted it here, so if any other users have same error, we may know about it.

( also, anyone has any idea, how to save unknown address location in favorites? Please let me know.) TIA.

you can add Longitude and Lattitude by going to the from the Main Menu..

1) Route

2) Plan

3) Hit the binoculars icon (4th down on the left)

4) Coordinate

5) Enter in your GPS location

6) Enjoy the drive

This is a HUGE mod, so in order to make space, you have to possibly delete some maps that you do not use. For example, I will never travel to Mexico, or Alaska, or California, so I deleted the maps and P.O.I's of those locations

Thanks Abb, I took your advice and deleted a few maps and poi that I knew I would never travel to in my car, everything downloaded smoothly.

Hey Abb -

I'm going to upgrade from Diaftia's last version. Anything I should look out for? :?:

No, just install ALL the files even if they look the same and afterwards delete your 'user data' which is a must

Love the mod, ABB. Have one question though. I know that you renamed the "Titiana" font to Tahoma so that it would carry over to everything that had Tahoma in the scripting. I have since added back in my original "Your Speed" sign with the digital font like I used in my previous iterration and I als added back in my original signposts with the default color and sizes. I added in the original Tahoma and TahomaBD fonts and renamed them so they will make the original speed limit & elevation fonts look right again but now I am having a helluva time finding where the fonts for the signposts are hidden as these are still in your revised font.

I have looked all over in the files.

Ant idea where these are called up from?

Thanx,

Bud