AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 not charging.

I just recently got a D3 due to the touch screen on my D2 taking a dump. In an attempt to not have to use a Schoshce charge adapter, I got a 5V cable from eBay since it said it charges the new gen iPhones and iPads. Well, my iPhone 4 is not charging. I read the sticky about eBay cables but it seemed only geared towards audio not working properly with eBay cables. My audio is working perfectly with the cable. And I knew it wasn't an authentic Pioneer cable since they don't make a 5V cable. But is the cable most likely the cause even though it says it charges new iPods/iPhones? And yes, I have iPod charging turned on in the menu. Thanks fellas!

Update:

Actually just got a response from the seller:

"I think you received the wrong cable. I've just shipped the one from the auction that you originally ordered. I'm willing to bet that you received the CD-IU205V-S. The two cables look identical almost. The new tracking information is..."

We'll see. What do you guys think? :-?

I think any cable from eBay is asking for trouble. Let us know in though and then again in 90 days.

OK, so I got the new cable from the seller and he was right. Must have been the wrong cable. The new cable does NOT charge the iPad like advertised, but it does charge my iphone 4 which is all I cared about. It even charges my 2nd gen iPod. So I'm happy!

No head unit cable is going to charge the iPad. It is an Apple limitation, not the cable.

Yeah, I honestly wasn't expecting it to charge the ipad, but I thought it might play music and movies. But it was advertised to work with the iPad. I don't really care anyway, since I didn't buy the cable to use with the iPad anyway!