AVIC411.com

TELEATLAS 2010.06 North America

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pardon the noob question :blink:, but what is "DEM"? I downloaded the maps from here but i never got around to updating them. I notice the size is different between the two (not to mention i cant find "DEM"); are the ones that dragon24 posted different (and intended for F series specifically)? Thank you.

well I have a problem now.

when avic boot straght up this works fine but however if I engage back up camera during booting.system go into endless booting.

I tried to install content foldr on original location (erased many states to make a same size) still doing endless rebooting.

I have to try a couple of different thing before give up..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help a new guy out PLEASE !!

I just bought a F700 and it was really out of date. So I bought a "repair" off of ebay and it went perfect. It came with instructions, and I learned how to get into test mode with the series of up, downs on the volume knob. I then copied and pasted the files on the included SD card as the instructions said and it brought me up to Version 3.000300 and Map Version 02.000300 with the 2009 map data. It helped alot!!

The problem is in my area (Pittsburgh) the highway and exit numbering has changed recently. Exit 59 is now exit 1, and I-279 is now I-376 for example. So I downloaded the 2010 maps from the torrent at the start of this thread, and the ez rider file.

Does anyone have a step by step? I need to see if the 2010 maps have updated info for my area. Do I follow the same copy and paste method as I did in the last update? What does the ez rider file do, and do I need it?

I'm learning and new, but I am seeding the torrent with Vuze.

Thanks for any help.

@ The airman

Copy and paste the LICENSE folder & hacked ezrider.exe in the root of your iGo folder. You need them to run the new 2010 maps. With out them the 2010 maps will not work.

My Flash Disc

APL2

iGo... Place in this folder.

Great !! Got it !!

Now....... the 2 gig map file that I am seeding. What is the install method for that file ? Same copy and paste?

Here is the 2009 map install. It will help you with your install and should cover all your questions. Please remember that you only got new maps & pio's. so dont delete all the content in your folder in step 7. also make sure you backed up your unit before you start playing around.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/25474-how-to-complete-ta-20096-map-upgrade-guide-please-sticky/

Ok, loaded in the "new" map and POI for Pennsylvania. Went to the About-Maps screen and verified that it did say "Teleatlas 2010.06", and it worked.

But sadly the update does NOT include the latest road data for a major US city (Pittsburgh). Our highways and exit numbers all have changed. This happened about a year ago. Even Google Maps show the latest changes. Keep this in mind if your road data has changed in your area recently.

I think it sad that a multi-billion dollar company like Pioneer can not even keep up with Google Maps for their own $120 map update.

Oh well, maybe the 2011 or 2012 update might include road data from 2009 !!

I think it sad that a multi-billion dollar company like Pioneer can not even keep up with Google Maps for their own $120 map update.

Oh well, maybe the 2011 or 2012 update might include road data from 2009 !!

You do know that Pioneer has nothing to do with the maps, other than paying for a redistribution licence and packing it on an SD card for retail, right? If your maps are wrong, complain to TeleAtlas or Navteq, they're the ones that make the maps.

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com

http://mapreporter.navteq.com

Have at it.

you can test the teleatlas maps here:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

And add the changes... i just did since their missing a major highway, intersection and small town here in el paso....

Great link. Thanks !!

You know what? The map data is correct with the correct highway signs here on the link you posted. The date 2008 is down at the bottom of the map on the site. But yet the map data on my F700 with the 2010.06 maps is wrong.

I wonder what gives? I wonder if the upgrade on my F700 did not take?

I noticed the base map date in my device is still 2007. I wonder?

pardon the noob question :blink:, but what is "DEM"? I downloaded the maps from here but i never got around to updating them. I notice the size is different between the two (not to mention i cant find "DEM"); are the ones that dragon24 posted different (and intended for F series specifically)? Thank you.

I would like to know this too. Noticed this got uncommented. Can anyone say what the "DEM" files do? Looks like they go into CONTENT/DEM.