AVIC411.com

Lockout bypass not working after Pioneer service

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I understand. I'm a real good wrench but marginal on the electronic stuff. The Best Buy Tech has been great and has called some of his buddies to bounce this off. He thinks the port into the radio for the bypass went south. My understanding is that is a test/bench port the service techs use, but not sure.

thats exactly what that is, like if pioneer wanted to check your system they really wouldnt want to install it in a car, this way they can ground it and check it on the counter instead. Just eye ball it and make sure its touching, maybe they severed the trace on the board that that pin is connected to. I doubt it though

when you take it to best buy to have it serviced it does not go to pionner it goes to a local repair shop or they send it out to a repair shop ... i used to work there sometimes stuff doesnt even get fixed and comes back with more pproblems ......i would check the pin out again and make sure the pin is all the way in and it didnt pop out and its proably grounded ... another thing is a tech wouldnt care to mcuh proably if he were trying to fix the unit

Actually, Best Buy stuff actually does go back to Pioneer, and it should if its done through any authorized dealer. They stopped letting third parties do nav repairs a few years ago

Yeah my d1 went to pioneer directly. In fact they even called to ask why I had a burned copy of the 60 series map disc in the avic. I told them so that if the idiots at the best buy service center lost the thing I wouldn't be out 200+ for a new map disc.

• 1 month later...
Well, looks like we ran into a dead end. We've confirmed the ground and pin are done properly. We're out of things to check. If there is something else anyone can think of, please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

This is a shot in the dark, but maybe they ran a firmware update or firmware fix? May try the "readily available" firmware update circulating all over the net. If nothing else, worth a try!