AVIC411.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Probably you figured it already out but I thought it's still good to mention. It seems you didn't started the Auto EQ Measurement yet which is necessary to be able to turn the Auto EQ option on or off. This measurement function should be under the system options (not under audio options).

Cheers,

Virzn

Hi,

When I do the Auto EQ Measurement with my P5200BT it lowers my rear speaker almost down to zero. Wandering if you guys experienced the same? I’m riding a roadster and the rear speakers are pretty close to the back seat panel but I should still get a little bit sound of it, or?! As first I thought the Auto EQ tries to bring some surround sound into the car or something like that but that’s not the reason. Maybe the HU just want to point out that the rear speakers are too bad to bring some sound through it :cry:

During the measurement all speakers are tested as supposed to be.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Virzn

• 4 weeks later...

His problem is the same one that I am having. His real issue is not that he has not run the AUTO-EQ measurement. It is because of the parking brake bypass relay that he uses. The relay only becomes "active" when the unit is switched on as it gets power from the amplifier. So when you turn the unit off to do the AUTO-EQ measurement, the unit thinks the parking brake is not active as no signal is coming to that wire.

My question is, is there an easy fix to this without removing the relay? I am thinking just ground the wire?

• 1 month later...

His problem is the same one that I am having. His real issue is not that he has not run the AUTO-EQ measurement. It is because of the parking brake bypass relay that he uses. The relay only becomes "active" when the unit is switched on as it gets power from the amplifier. So when you turn the unit off to do the AUTO-EQ measurement, the unit thinks the parking brake is not active as no signal is coming to that wire.

My question is, is there an easy fix to this without removing the relay? I am thinking just ground the wire?

Exactly. This is my exact same issue right now. I cant find the answer anywhere online. Have you figured this out yet by any chance?

Since hooking up my P4200 in December, i had bought a relay setup from eBay that I got wired in flawlessly. As of a week ago, I really wanted to look into that Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Microphone for Audio/Video Receivers; so I purchased one.

When I went to try to use it, I didnt know that the Pioneer unit has to be off "SOURCE OFF". Now once it is off, and technically not connected how it was intended to be, the unit thinks the car is in motion and "doesnt feel" the parking brake to be engaged; obviously since it really isn't.

I remember reading about other's using a switch before the Relay option became popular, where they would run the light green eBrake wire to one part of the switch, and then a separate wire (used for ground), from the other part of the switch to a grounded connection.

I am willing to try this, but I think i'm confusing myself. Wouldn't the switch idea be the exact same thing honestly as the relay where it still would not allow me to use the AUTO EQ function but it is not connected to the ebrake?

Or would that actually work??

IF IT Would actually work, and I am a complete n00b to switches, everyone that I read that has implemented one of these into their cars, used a momentary switch (Radio shack # 275-60), however, I want to use a illuminated Rocker switch to do the same thing. The rocker switch technically works the same way as that momentary one... yes?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Its' the way the relay is wired: to the BLUE Amp On wire. To do Auto EQ, you need to turn Resource OFF, which turns the relay OFF. You need to provide 12V to the BLUE wire going into the relay when doing the Auto EQ. I used cheater clips (alligator clips with points that bite throught the wire layer without damaging it) to turn on the relay while on Resource OFF. The Auto EQ is available, not greyed out.