AVIC411.com

Back-up Camera Replacement - help needed!

Hi, I currently have a piece of junk BOYO VTL400 camera hooked to my Avic. The camera was a freebie from Crutchfield when I bought my Avic and was described as water/weatherproof. But it’s far from that. It’s metal is flaking and disintegrating. It’s rusted through 2 of its four supports. The camera lens has a white film over it. I need to replace it.

It took me quite a bit of time and effort to snake the 16.5' Video/power/ground cable under my backseat and carpet and center console to bring the wire to the HU. I would like to avoid doing this again if at all possible. I’m hoping someone can assist me with finding a suitable replacement camera that actually is weatherproof and pairing it with some kind of adapter so I don’t have to take my car apart to replace it. Here is the list of cables and how they connect:

HEAD UNIT END

• HU is attached via composite video, bare power and bare ground leads. Power is connected to brake light wire near fuse box.

• 14" Video/power/ground adapter cable with a composite video connector and bare power/ground leads on one end and a female 4-pin connector on other end.

• 16.5' Video/power/ground cable with a male 4-pin connector on one end and a female 3-pin connector on other end

• Bar-type rear-view camera with attached 26" video/power/ground cable male 3-pin connector

CAMERA END

Is there a camera out there that has a male 3-pin video/power/ground connector on it or one that would work with a suitable adaptor or be sliced to the 16/5’ cable described above?

The Pioneer ND-BC4 camera seems to have the same 3 pin male connector or the possibility of adapting. Also, I could install this inside my car in the rear window which would protect the camera from the weather. How will I know if this will work? It looks to me like the color of the wires might tell me what they are. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Janet