AVIC411.com

X910 Navi Adjustments

I tried reading the manual, but could not find anything about having it say street names. I hate this manual. The type is small and gray. When I find a section I want, instead of giving directions right there, it typically says, "Go to page 35 and read "Blah, blah, Blah." It would be nice to have the directions right under the heading, rather than have to go to another page.

So, is it possible to have it say street names?

Jerry

The manual is even worse than the radio. With no index, it is difficult to find a specific topic. I used my pdf version of the manual and did a search for "street names." That term was listed three times: twice for MSN and once for setting the display to show street names or not.

Then I did a search on "speak." Most of what I got was referring to speakers. There were a few references to speaking a command, as in voice command. No luck with "say," either.

Once again, is it possible to hear the street names, and if so, how?

Like many manuals, this one could use the input of someone who can read and write. On page 155, there are directions for doing what W4RHWK says above. Even in that description, however, there is no mention of having the voice say the street names. Step 3 should say that here is where you can select a male or female voice and tell the reader that the female voice say street names. The heading is for "Selecting the language." I already had English selected, so that did not get my attention when I looked trough the manual. The whole description is for selecting a language. If W4RHWK hadn't spelled it out for me, reading the step-by-step would have gotten me nowhere. Of course, in hindsight, I can see that TTS means Text To Speech. However, the manual says that TTS Setup is not normally used - will be used in the future.

Doing a search for Samantha in the pdf manual yields nothing.

Thanks W4RHWK.

Jerry