AVIC411.com

GEX-P10HD TUNER INSTALL AVIC-F900BT HELP!

I'm a newbie to the forum so bear with me. I seem to have all my basis covered with this install but when I click on the HD icon the screen tunes to one frequency, and doesn't allow further tuning. I have the antenna splitter with one end going to my head unit and one end to the HD tuner. However FM station tuning is great and AM is satisfactory. What's seems to be the problem? Oh yeah, my firmware is 1000XX or something could this be the issue? Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm, this has actually happened to me on 2 GEX-P10HD units. It's almost as if the HD tuner doesn't respond to the head unit's commands, aside from a "hello, I'm here!" so you get the HD control screen. Tried hard resetting the head unit and removing power from both but that didn't solve the issue with either. This was with 2.06 (first one to go) and 3.0 (the second unit) firmware on the HU. Pioneer said I'd have to send in the second unit, but I didn't get around to pulling it out until after the warranty had expired.

Maybe the GEX-P20HD has solved the issues. I pulled my second GEX-P10HD apart and it's got an Atmel Atmega microcontroller on it that I know from experience can lose its programming through resets/power cycling if they didn't set programming fuses correctly at the factory.

If anyone had success reviving theirs, please post the process you used.

Ok been trying to update my software so that maybe my HD tuner will do more than tune to one frequency with no further adjustments. Even tried a second tuner that I have for another AVIC. So I'm using what seems to be a generic 32gb SD card. After downloading the 2.8 firmware, then locating the firmware update file and opening it to get to the subfolder LPUE080, I drag the LPUE080 folder to the SD icon on my computer and it appears to extract the file to the SD. Problem is when I load it in the AVIC the download starts but immediately says executable file is wrong! I'm stumped, is there something I'm doing wrong?