AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Mod v3.1 released!

Please see installation instruction at the end of first post. If you are upgrading from v3.0, simply replace DATA.zip and SYS.txt.

Download Chuck88’s Mod v3.1: Faster, simpler and better ... now with SmartTrack!

Chuck88's iGo Nav Mod v3.1.zip

Chuck88's Packaged WinCE 5.0 Emulator for PC

===================================================================================

This could be very well my last version, unless there is major bug, which is very unlikely.

This forum is losing momentum, and it is no longer like it has once been. People is still downloading a lot, but no one care to involve anymore. :roll:

Good lucks to every one!

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck

Thanks so much for your latest work.I am afraid you may be right regarding the forum.I really hope the forum can get back to where it once was but now mainstays like Abb seem to have gone I really fear the worst.I really would like to pass on my appreciation to you and the other mods and wish you all the best for the future.

Looks great Chuck! Gave it a whirl today and am impressed, especially at the "SmartTrack" feature (I prefer 2d over 3d). I had been a long time user of Diaftia's mods and although I do miss some of his features/interface I think I will stick with yours for now. A few questions, is it possible to customize the zoom level/speed on SmartTrack? If I could get it to zoom out even further at higher speeds then there would be no need for the overview mode (while driving south it is difficult to see what is ahead). Also, what do you mean by "True LCD backlight OFF during "Screen OFF" function (from the map screen)"? I do not see an option for "Screen off" on the map screen, only in the menu screen. Sorry to hear this may be your last mod, it is a very good one and I like what you did with the autozoom and icon menus (took awhile to figure out before learning they are identified via text by pushing the menu icons twice).

Looks great Chuck! Gave it a whirl today and am impressed, especially at the "SmartTrack" feature (I prefer 2d over 3d). I had been a long time user of Diaftia's mods and although I do miss some of his features/interface I think I will stick with yours for now. A few questions, is it possible to customize the zoom level/speed on SmartTrack? If I could get it to zoom out even further at higher speeds then there would be no need for the overview mode (while driving south it is difficult to see what is ahead). Also, what do you mean by "True LCD backlight OFF during "Screen OFF" function (from the map screen)"? I do not see an option for "Screen off" on the map screen, only in the menu screen. Sorry to hear this may be your last mod, it is a very good one and I like what you did with the autozoom and icon menus (took awhile to figure out before learning they are identified via text by pushing the menu icons twice).

Sorry for not being explicit for the pushing twice icons. I didn't put the instruction in the first thread. :oops:

The SCREEN OFF function is brought up by touching the START BUTTON on the lower left corner, then pushing the icon right above the EXIT button. From there if you push the lower left corner, it will totally turning OFF your screen, including the Bluetooth blue LED ... 3 pushings!

As for the level/speed customization, I didn't have time to do that and I just, before v3.1 release, felt that there is no interest from this forum, despite some 150 downloads of v3.0 within the first month. I am not sure yet, but if I have spare time I will probably do it for myself in the future, and if so will eventually post it or send you a copy of the modified files (don't interpret this as a promise though). If you want to customize the feature in the meantime, please refer to the beginning of the navigatemap.ui file, everything are there, but hard coded.

Enjoy it, as I do everyday. The SmartTrack feature is especially useful during normal driving, or during navigation for the route that you already known (i.e. you don't need to see closely on turns), by turning OFF the "During Navigation" feature and by leaving "2D Normal Driving" at YES.

Thanks for this updated v3.1 mod. This one rocks with the smarttrack feature! You can also turn the lcd screen off by pressing the 1st icon on the top left corner if you have the earth icons on. Then, hit the bottom left. That'll just take two steps.

It's a shame that our forum is dwindling and talented mods are leaving, like yourself. I really enjoyed your mods and wish you the best of luck. I'll continue to use your mods until you return someday....

Thanks for this updated v3.1 mod. This one rocks with the smarttrack feature! You can also turn the lcd screen off by pressing the 1st icon on the top left corner if you have the earth icons on. Then, hit the bottom left. That'll just take two steps.

It's a shame that our forum is dwindling and talented mods are leaving, like yourself. I really enjoyed your mods and wish you the best of luck. I'll continue to use your mods until you return someday....

Thanks kluong6, that pleased me. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I forgot you have enabled the top icons bar on your deck.

Cheers!

Hey Chuck on your latest built the map signs never changed back green

Are you talking about the highway signs. I have Navi Settings->Regional Settings->Map Preference set to US, and it is always green. If you change it to either US (green)/UK (blue), you have to exit this screen, then reboot your AVIC.

Oh yes, just in case you have it modified, make sure that neither the file "ui_pioneer\common\laneinfo_signpost.ini" nor "ui_pioneer\common\laneinfo_signpost_eu.ini" is presented outside the DATA.zip file.

If you compare both files (extracted from DATA.zip), you should see ONLY the RGB values are different.

Let me know.