AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Thanks ovalball for your feedback. So I'm ready to push out my latest, and I am sure you will love it, with my usual attention to details.

Cheers! :razz:

Chuck

Just returned home.Only one slight problem was once when I tried to simulate a route I got a "out of memory"error and had to reboot.Only happened the once but thought that you would like to know.Otherwise it ran smoothly and was a great navigation aid.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck

Just returned home.Only one slight problem was once when I tried to simulate a route I got a "out of memory"error and had to reboot.Only happened the once but thought that you would like to know.Otherwise it ran smoothly and was a great navigation aid.

Once? You mean you tried the same route again and no error?

Did you disable the GPS before simulating a route? There are bugs in iGo's SIMULATE function if the GPS is not disabled (this is why I added the enable/disable function in the GPS settings screen). No problem in the Emulator though.

Hey Chuck,

Your SmartTrack looks really interesting to me. I have been holding off installing your mod (I have 3 cars with an Avic) since you mention the next release coming soo/ready....

Should I go ahead and install 3.1, or os 3.2 just around the corner? No pressure, just that whole Murphy law thing that seems to follow me around. This will be my first use of your mod, I have been using Andy's mod until now. Nothing wrong with it, but your SmartTrack sounds pretty cool.

Hey Chuck,

Your SmartTrack looks really interesting to me. I have been holding off installing your mod (I have 3 cars with an Avic) since you mention the next release coming soo/ready....

Should I go ahead and install 3.1, or os 3.2 just around the corner? No pressure, just that whole Murphy law thing that seems to follow me around. This will be my first use of your mod, I have been using Andy's mod until now. Nothing wrong with it, but your SmartTrack sounds pretty cool.

Hey good to know! Sorry for the delay I thought that only a handful of people really want it. It was dead-ready, just give me two days or so to upload it. Let me post the operating principle below for now ... this help may be brought up in the iGo interface, for reference. :razz:

If you like 2D, you won't be disappointed! I just invented SmartTrack and revamped your driving experience ... :mrgreen:

Chuck88's SmartTrack Explained

Simply better for 2D Navigation!

Brought to you by Chuck88 (2011-06)

While this feature is extremely useful, its operating principle is very simple. As a prerequisite, SmartTrack can only be turned ON when the iGo SmartZoom function was turned OFF.

In 2D Driving Mode, the map zoom level is calculated in function of the current travel speed, variable from 25 km/h to 110 km/h. Levels vs speed can be customized using the interface.

In 3D Driving Mode, one can adjust the level offset that is to be deducted from the map zoom level calculated as per 2D Driving Mode, and a bracket of minimum/maximum is set to prevent from zooming too close to the ground or too high in the sky. Those parameters are also customizable in the interface.

When the Navigation SmartTrack is turned ON, the algorithm will take over the level calculated in function of the current travel speed starting at 1200 meters down to 117 meters before turn, and then revert to the level calculated in function of speed, if the next turn is in more than 1200 meters.

For obvious reasons, SmartTrack is suspended under the following situations:

* Map follow mode is stopped. SmartTrack will not resume as long as the on-map cursor is shown.

* AVIC multi-function stick is pushed. SmartTrack will resume automatically after above 45 seconds.

Will upload shortly ... please bear with me!

If you like 2D, you won't be disappointed! I just invented SmartTrack and revamped your driving experience ... :mrgreen:

Chuck88's SmartTrack Explained

Simply better for 2D Navigation!

Brought to you by Chuck88 (2011-06)

While this feature is extremely useful, its operating principle is very simple. As a prerequisite, SmartTrack can only be turned ON when the iGo SmartZoom function was turned OFF.

In 2D Driving Mode, the map zoom level is calculated in function of the current travel speed, variable from 25 km/h to 110 km/h. Levels vs speed can be customized using the interface.

In 3D Driving Mode, one can adjust the level offset that is to be deducted from the map zoom level calculated as per 2D Driving Mode, and a bracket of minimum/maximum is set to prevent from zooming too close to the ground or too high in the sky. Those parameters are also customizable in the interface.

When the Navigation SmartTrack is turned ON, the algorithm will take over the level calculated in function of the current travel speed starting at 1200 meters down to 117 meters before turn, and then revert to the level calculated in function of speed, if the next turn is in more than 1200 meters.

For obvious reasons, SmartTrack is suspended under the following situations:

* Map follow mode is stopped. SmartTrack will not resume as long as the on-map cursor is shown.

* AVIC multi-function stick is pushed. SmartTrack will resume automatically after above 45 seconds.

Will upload shortly ... please bear with me!

salut chuck,merci pour les conseils et les explications.

continue comme ça

nico

Once? You mean you tried the same route again and no error?

Did you disable the GPS before simulating a route? There are bugs in iGo's SIMULATE function if the GPS is not disabled (this is why I added the enable/disable function in the GPS settings screen). No problem in the Emulator though.

Just the once and I hadn't disabled the GPS so that's probably the reason :huh:

Just the once and I hadn't disabled the GPS so that's probably the reason :huh:

Sorry to say but that is from the base code of iGo, that I didn't have a chance to dig into.

I remember when I test-drived diaftia's mod v3.0, and I also signaled the simulator problem to him ... the SIMULATE function in the AVIC is very eratic at best.

So that is it, I finally got v3.2 posted , so after contributing to this forum for close to one and a half year, I can prepare my retirement now. :mrgreen:

I will stay for a while to see whether there is big issue, after which, if absolutely necessary, you can try to join me by PM.

I personally find this an excellent mod, and credits go to whoever has contributed to its making. I invite you guys to continue modding of my mod where I left it (don't forget to give me credits <_< ), and I say farewell to everyone!

Great job Chuck, the selectable zoom levels makes this mod absolutely perfect! Thanks for all your contributions over the past year and a half; it is sad to hear that such a talented modder is retiring. All the best, and thanks again!

Great job Chuck, the selectable zoom levels makes this mod absolutely perfect! Thanks for all your contributions over the past year and a half; it is sad to hear that such a talented modder is retiring. All the best, and thanks again!

Thank you for your words. :razz:

In this release, the biggest improvement over v3.1 is the smoothness with which the zoom level changes, and the integration between Normal Driving Mode & Navigation Mode levels ... selectable zoom levels are only a bonus. :rolleyes:

You'll see that anyway ... enjoy!

I see there were exactly 300 downloads for my packaged WinCE 5.0 Emulator with my mod today; now with diaftia and abb1 both retired, I just hope someone will jump in to continue the tradition. :idea:

Finally back from holidays(vacation?)and gutted to see you are leaving the forum Chuck.Your mods and your willingness to help all who need it has been like a breath of fresh air,and you will be greatly missed my friend.Thank you for all your superb efforts and may I wish you the very best in the future.

Hello,

thank you very much for the mode ,it worked like a charm.

i have only one problem:i have some recent maps from igo amino and this mod doesen't see the maps.please tell me what maps should i use,all the other maps that are on the device are working.thank you

Hello,

thank you very much for the mode ,it worked like a charm.

i have only one problem:i have some recent maps from igo amino and this mod doesen't see the maps.please tell me what maps should i use,all the other maps that are on the device are working.thank you

Sorry but I don't know the iGo Amigo maps, so I can't really help you out. :oops: