AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Well, I have something new and can't help but willing to share with you guys ... I am working to combine the best of both worlds: AUTO SWITCHING between SmartTrack (2D/2D North) and SmartZoom (3D) while you change between 2D/2DN/3D map modes.

If you guys are interested, DON'T just sit around and wait :angry: , DO show your enthousiasm LET me know and I will find a moment to upload it once completed. :blink:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have something new and can't help but willing to share with you guys ... I am working to combine the best of both worlds: AUTO SWITCHING between SmartTrack (2D/2D North) and SmartZoom (3D) while you change between 2D/2DN/3D map modes.

If you guys are interested, DON'T just sit around and wait :angry: , DO show your enthousiasm LET me know and I will find a moment to upload it once completed. :blink:

This would be great! Can't wait to get it. Chuck, I also seem have have run into some memory issue also. If you route a map, then sometimes the radio won't show in the bottom right corner. The radio would still work fine, though. That never seemed to happen with the previous version. Not sure if the new smarttrack feature is taking a bit more memory or not. Still, it's a great version otherwise.

This would be great! Can't wait to get it. Chuck, I also seem have have run into some memory issue also. If you route a map, then sometimes the radio won't show in the bottom right corner. The radio would still work fine, though. That never seemed to happen with the previous version. Not sure if the new smarttrack feature is taking a bit more memory or not. Still, it's a great version otherwise.

If there is a memory issue, then you should see a message from Windows CE saying so. Did you got a Windows message? If so what it said?

As for the radio icon on the bottom right corner, there is an option for that, which is called Audio Bar ON/OFF, settable both from the on-map menu icon or from the "Sound Settings".

SmartTrack features take up only a few bytes of RAM and a few kilobytes of ROM memory, not MB. <_<

Good lucks!

If there is a memory issue, then you should see a message from Windows CE saying so. Did you got a Windows message? If so what it said?

As for the radio icon on the bottom right corner, there is an option for that, which is called Audio Bar ON/OFF, settable both from the on-map menu icon or from the "Sound Settings".

SmartTrack features take up only a few bytes of RAM and a few kilobytes of ROM memory, not MB. <_<

Good lucks!

No windows message. So I do now recall that it is the setting that I must have hit and that set that audio bar off. Now you've recalled for me how to set the audio bar on/off. Thanks Chuck, for quickly trouble shooting that problem. This version is very good, indeed.

I knew you could't stay away Chuck :D Really looking forward to trying any new additions to your already magnificent mod.

According to my posts, I should have stopped modding twice already ... my wife is really not very happy! :unsure:

Great news Chuck, we eagerly await your update! One question if I may, after I copy the GFX folder to my unit for some reason Pioneer blue and Red no longer show a blue sky and clouds in 3D mode, it is just grey. If I delete the GFX folder, the sky once again shows up. Any advice? I like some of the custom schemes but find the Pioneer red to be my favorite while driving in cities. Thanks!

Great news Chuck, we eagerly await your update! One question if I may, after I copy the GFX folder to my unit for some reason Pioneer blue and Red no longer show a blue sky and clouds in 3D mode, it is just grey. If I delete the GFX folder, the sky once again shows up. Any advice? I like some of the custom schemes but find the Pioneer red to be my favorite while driving in cities. Thanks!

That is because the files found in your newly copied "GFX" folder either overwritten those already in place. If GFX folder doesn't already exist prior copying, then the new GFX overwrite those within the same folder inside the DATA.zip file.

You have to know what you're copying. This could be a problem because you're switching from another mod, with a different set of GFX. In my mod, I provide a couple of the nicest day/night schemes with a minimalist GFX folder, 8 MB instead of 140 MB in abb1's schemes. See first post for instructions.

Yes please. <bows>

There are probably a lot of folks like me that check this forum every day or so for updates, but don't post very often. Believe me your work is appreciated. If my F90 died today, I'd go find another one just to be able to run your mods.

Yes please. <bows>

There are probably a lot of folks like me that check this forum every day or so for updates, but don't post very often. Believe me your work is appreciated. If my F90 died today, I'd go find another one just to be able to run your mods.

Good to know. Thanks man!

I would need a US/CANADA volunteer with an AVIC F900/X910 supporting MSNDirect to test my new update. Any volunteer out there? :unsure:Please PM me!

There are lot and lot of unused scripts and user-interface graphics associated with MSN v2.0 and waste lot of CPU resources and RAM. I dont' have MSNDirect so I can't test this "faster" and simplified version.

That is because the files found in your newly copied "GFX" folder either overwritten those already in place. If GFX folder doesn't already exist prior copying, then the new GFX overwrite those within the same folder inside the DATA.zip file.

You have to know what you're copying. This could be a problem because you're switching from another mod, with a different set of GFX. In my mod, I provide a couple of the nicest day/night schemes with a minimalist GFX folder, 8 MB instead of 140 MB in abb1's schemes. See first post for instructions.

Hey Chuck. I installed your mod from stock, and followed you instructions on the first page exactly but for some reason got the grey skies with the Pioneer blue and red day schemes. Maybe something wrong with my update to 3.1? Anyways, I copied all files and folders from the data.zip GFX folder and replaced the ones in the GFX folder you provided and now everything is working as it should. Thanks for the helpful advice!

Hey Chuck. I installed your mod from stock, and followed you instructions on the first page exactly but for some reason got the grey skies with the Pioneer blue and red day schemes. Maybe something wrong with my update to 3.1? Anyways, I copied all files and folders from the data.zip GFX folder and replaced the ones in the GFX folder you provided and now everything is working as it should. Thanks for the helpful advice!

Ryar,

Like I said, it must be the left-over portion of the GFX folder from another mod; since those files are outside the data.zip, they have preseance over those within. Believe me you still have close to 120 MB of UNNECESSARY and UNUSED data inside the GFX folder right now, while mine needs only 8 MB. :mrgreen:

Here is what you should do IF YOU ONLY WANT TO USE MY SCHEMES inside \CONTENT\SCHEME:

1) Select Pioneer Blue Day and Night as schemes

2) Boot to TestMode

3) Make a backup of GFX folder then delete it completely

4) Make a backup of CONTENT\SCHEME folder then delete it completely

4) Copy the tinny 8 MB GFX folder and CONTENT\SCHEME folders from my release to their respective locations

5) Reboot AVIC

Chuck.