AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hey Chuck, great mod as always. Thank you! The selectable colour schemes are great, and the one touch 3D/2D smartzoom to smarttrack make this mod perfect!

As far as your previous comment goes regarding you GFX folder, I enjoy some of Abb's which show detailed topography in a nice green shade in rural areas (Abb - Pollution and Sunset II) which unfortunately isn't in any of the ones you included. I only have Canada maps on my unit so saving space isn't really a priority.

It's too bad there doesn't seem to be as much interest as there was in these threads anymore, and as another poster pointed out you appear to be the the sole remaining modder who is still active in providing new completed Mods/Themes. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all you hard work and for anyone who uses you mod to at the very least drop a comment or a thanks. Lets keep the AVIC F series alive people!

Cheers bud!!

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My slim schemes are derived directly from abb's, so they can be used interchangeably. Here is what you have to do:

2. Install my schemes with GFX folder as instructed in the first post (8 MB or so).
  3. Copy abb's own GFX folder to APL2\iGo and overwrite any existing files of my GFX folder (> 120 MB to copy).
  4. Copy abb's own schemes into the CONTENT\SCHEME folder; they have different names than mines.

Note that you are NOT modifying the DATA.zip file, but just files copying outside of it.

That's it! Enjoy!

Hello Chuck

I really love your mod. The only thing that is not working perfectly for me is I'm having problems reading the yellow letters on the screen. Can I change that to let's say black or at least have a darker background.

When I'm following a destination I'm not able to read the name of the street in the bottom.

Greetings

Labgate

Hello Chuck

I really love your mod. The only thing that is not working perfectly for me is I'm having problems reading the yellow letters on the screen. Can I change that to let's say black or at least have a darker background.

When I'm following a destination I'm not able to read the name of the street in the bottom.

Greetings

Labgate

Hey, I modified the chuck88_800_480.ui for you so that you will have a darker background for info of the upper-right corner and, when in navigation, the background of info shown on the upper-left corner, so you can read better. Extract the ui.zip in this post.

I also attach herein navigatemap_800_480.ui that you can modify by yourself to whatever color you want. Please look at lines 441 and 442, text sprNMINextStreetName and sprNMIActualStreetName, the current yellow color is coded as "color=#f8cc28" in hexadecimal. So you can change the HEX code to whatever is suitable for you and save the file. You can find such an utility to determine the color on the web easily. Try Google "HEX color code" (i.e. red -> #ff0000, green -> #00ff00, blue -> #0000ff).

If you don't want to modify the original DATA.zip file, just save those two files under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pionner\800_480\ui", and you are good to go. Otherwise, use 7Zip or WinRAR to modify the original DATA.zip.

Hope that helps.

UI.zip

Hey, I modified the chuck_800_480.ui for you so that you will have a darker background for info of the upper-right corner and, when in navigation, the background of info shown on the upper-left corner, so you can read better. Extract the ui.zip in this post.

I also attach herein navigatemap_800_480.ui that you can modify by yourself to whatever color you want. Please look at lines 441 and 442, text sprNMINextStreetName and sprNMIActualStreetName, the current yellow color is coded as "color=#f8cc28" in hexadecimal. So you can change the HEX code to whatever is suitable for you and save the file. You can find such an utility to determine the color on the web easily. Try Google "HEX color code" (i.e. red -> #ff0000, green -> #00ff00, blue -> #0000ff).

If you don't want to modify the original DATA.zip file, just save those two files under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pionner\800_480\ui", and you are good to go. Otherwise, use 7Zip or WinRAR to modify the original DATA.zip.

Hope that helps.

Hello Chuck

Thank you very much. I will try that tonight.

Greetings

Labgate

Hi Chuck,

Great, as usual...I had the same problem as Labgate had, but didn't dare to ask for another change in your great MOD, as it's already a so big job...But I will take advantage of his question and your answer for sure...

Thanks again for your great work...

Good to know that you are enjoying it. Your feedbacks are always appreciated! :rolleyes:

I would help as much as I can, but having less and less time now. :blink: But you can always ask question. If I don't have answer or time to answer, maybe some other members do.

Cheers!

Hi Chuck,

First off - well done on the mod, it looks great. I need to ask a couple of noob questions, sorry about that.....

1) Can I install your mod and use it here in Australia without compatibility issues? (F910BT)

2) Is it possible to run a alternative 4x4 off-road mapping software on your mod, like via the applications 2 menu - like you've added excel and notepad etc? OziExplorerCE (http://www.oziexplorer.com/) is a moving map software for PocketPC's and Window CE PDA's which use the WinCE core operating system. This software is popular in the Australian 4x4 community. I know that I can get Oziexplorer to work via testmode on a SD card, but I would like to be able to use the units full sound functionality while accessing 4x4 mapping.

Any suggestions and info gratefully received.

Thanks.

Neale.

Hi Neale,

For your question #1: no problem, compatible provided that your AVIC has firmware 3.01xxx and higher.

For your request #2: here is what you have to do. I do request you to report back your results as it is possible that iGo cannot share the GPS data with your OziExplorerCE. Thanks!

1) Create a new folder called "iGo\Extension\OziCE" and copy all your OziCE program and data files under it, with original folder structure.

2) Extract the ui.zip attached-here (you will find two files for v3.3).

3) Create a new folder called "iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui" and copy the two ui files under it.

4) Restart and launch the program under "App Set 2" (I use the Windows Explorer icon for that for the time being).

Let me know,

Chuck.

UI.zip

Hi Chuck,

I got another request, quite similar to the one Labgate asked you regarding the colours...I would like to change the colour of the speed meter in the upper right corner, the one that tells us the instant speed of the vehicule (if I don't make a mistake it's the part you changed the aplpha of to make it darker). It appears in yellow on my unit and depending on the ambient light it's quite impossible to look for the speed of my vehicule. Can you tell me what line(s) I must change the colour code to change that? and in what file (*.ui I suppose)?

Thanks for all your great work again...a real pleasure to use SmartTrack 2D/3D shifting...

Regards...

PS: Excuse my so bad english... :blink:

Hi Chuck,

I got another request, quite similar to the one Labgate asked you regarding the colours...I would like to change the colour of the speed meter in the upper right corner, the one that tells us the instant speed of the vehicule (if I don't make a mistake it's the part you changed the aplpha of to make it darker). It appears in yellow on my unit and depending on the ambient light it's quite impossible to look for the speed of my vehicule. Can you tell me what line(s) I must change the colour code to change that? and in what file (*.ui I suppose)?

Thanks for all your great work again...a real pleasure to use SmartTrack 2D/3D shifting...

Regards...

PS: Excuse my so bad english... :blink:

Look at this line #78 in chuck88_800_480.ui:

;CURRENT SPEED/TRIPCOMPUTER
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=590 y=45 z=100 w=105 font="tahoma" align="right" fontsize=40 color=#f8cc28 glowsize=1 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.full_text" onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_DigiSpidometr'>

Cheer!

Look at this line #78 in chuck88_800_480.ui:

;CURRENT SPEED/TRIPCOMPUTER
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=590 y=45 z=100 w=105 font="tahoma" align="right" fontsize=40 color=#f8cc28 glowsize=1 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.full_text" onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_DigiSpidometr'>

Cheer!

Thanks Chuck for your so quick answer...Will try this tomorrow and try to find the appropriate colour...

Cheer!