AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a problem with TMC ... After recording a version of V3, 3 does not work. If I give SYS.TXT - [device]

type = "PIONEER746EW", so goes the TMC, but it does not work - can not find software from phone

What I am doing wrong? Before that everything worked ...

I'm from europe.

Thanks for the info Pat.

Hi Chuck, I tried to PM you but it says you can't recive any new messages.

I managed to get Primo working on my f500bt, and have found it to work quite well. It piggybacks off your mod through a shortcut in your "Apps 2" by killing easyrider and starting Primo.

A few things to note: the backlight is not controlled by Primo (but still can be controlled before launching Primo through the main menu), the spoken directions are announced through the unit's speakers rather then the vehicle's (TTS is working), and the hard buttons don't work (other then power/standby). The backup cam still works when the car is put in reverse, and it goes into/out of standby OK with the ignition on/off. Upon exiting Primo it exits to windows explorer and then reboots the unit back to your mod. I fixed the Primo sys file to share the maps from the original iGo content folder.

I was hoping to share it with the community and would like to ask your permission to do so as the way I set it up it requires your mod to run. What do you think?

I managed to get Primo working on my f500bt, and have found it to work quite well. It piggybacks off your mod through a shortcut in your "Apps 2" by killing easyrider and starting Primo.

A few things to note: the backlight is not controlled by Primo (but still can be controlled before launching Primo through the main menu), the spoken directions are announced through the unit's speakers rather then the vehicle's (TTS is working), and the hard buttons don't work (other then power/standby). The backup cam still works when the car is put in reverse, and it goes into/out of standby OK with the ignition on/off. Upon exiting Primo it exits to windows explorer and then reboots the unit back to your mod. I fixed the Primo sys file to share the maps from the original iGo content folder.

I was hoping to share it with the community and would like to ask your permission to do so as the way I set it up it requires your mod to run. What do you think?

Woowww, nice achievement! Please be free to share with others, as I did since the very beginning. :rolleyes:

Looks quite interesting so please provide more insight. Why is Primo better than iGo 8?

Sorry I am just back from vacation and I don't know about the PM issue. You might want to PM an administrator of this forum.

Please, do share...

Hey, I'm back from a 3000 km round trip to Vancouver Island and had the pleasure of using Primo the entire trip with no crashes or other unforeseen issues! Primo looked absolutely stunning driving through the mountains with the premium DEM file. Anyways, here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/127874074/6a73966/AVICmod.rar.html.

Unzip, copy to SD card and when it boots into testmode copy My Flash Disk from the SD card to the unit. Back up your unit first, and use at your own risk.

A few things to note, changing the Day Skin Theme and Night Skin Theme from the display menu crashes Primo (you can however change the Day and Night Map colors from the Map Settings Menu), and DO NOT Reset to Defaults or you will lose many menu options as well as several hacks in this version which give you extra information on the overview screen (overview mode, bottom info bar, ect).

To launch Primo turn on the GPS as you normally would, go to the Map screen, tap the globe on Chuck88's Mod 3.3 (bottom left), tap the bottom right icon (Applications Menu 1), tap Apps set 2 (second from the bottom on the right), and then tap the middle rightmost icon (Primo). It will kill eazyrider and show you windows explorer and a few seconds later Primo will launch. The sys file is set up to share your Maps, POIs, DEM and Building files with your iGo folder. Samantha was the only TTS voice I could get working, unfortunately and she only speaks through the units speaker. When you exit Primo it will reboot the unit, and if you minimize it will leave you in windows explorer. When the ignition is shut off or the power button is tapped it will send the unit to standby and it will resume to Primo when the car is turned on or the power button tapped.

Please leave any feedback you may have. I have no idea how to map the hard buttons to Primo (Map, Menu, scroll wheel, ect), if anyone does or can point me in the right direction please do so! Chuck, being the Avic wizard that you are perhaps you would have an idea or two on how to better integrate this into our units? Thanks for you patience in answering users questions on this site, much of the information you shared allowed me to get a better understanding of our Avic units and helped me get Primo working.

Woowww, nice achievement! Please be free to share with others, as I did since the very beginning. :rolleyes:

Looks quite interesting so please provide more insight. Why is Primo better than iGo 8?

Sorry I am just back from vacation and I don't know about the PM issue. You might want to PM an administrator of this forum.

Hey Chuck, a few improvements I have found with Primo:

- Overall user friendliness. It seems as though everything is only a few taps of the screen away. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Igo Amigo, it was very user friendly but lacked many advanced settings and features that Igo 8 has. Primo seems to have brought that back, but with a simpler menu and interface.

- Better utilization of resources (?) It feels as though it has smoother scrolling, and the it handles 3d better. Check out the 3d overview mode, it's awesome!

- Better trip monitor! Speed and elevation trends are a few of the added features.

- Junction view! I get excited coming up to an overpass just to see the junction view picture pop up on the screen (yes, its sad, I know).

- Better voices! (hopefully) I am going to play around when I get some time this coming weekend and get those other voices working.

- Fuel consumption and maintenance schedule. Includes a very accurate fuel consumption log. There is even a setting to display a count down until fuel is needed.

- Green routing - CO2 emissions, fuel required, and fuel cost for each trip are displayed.

- Oodles of information on the overview screen. Home, work and village buttons make it easier to select common destinations.

- Actual time until next turn at you current speed.

- Many more useless features and settings to play with!

Hey, I'm back from a 3000 km round trip to Vancouver Island and had the pleasure of using Primo the entire trip with no crashes or other unforeseen issues! Primo looked absolutely stunning driving through the mountains with the premium DEM file. Anyways, here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/127874074/6a73966/AVICmod.rar.html.

Unzip, copy to SD card and when it boots into testmode copy My Flash Disk from the SD card to the unit. Back up your unit first, and use at your own risk.

A few things to note, changing the Day Skin Theme and Night Skin Theme from the display menu crashes Primo (you can however change the Day and Night Map colors from the Map Settings Menu), and DO NOT Reset to Defaults or you will lose many menu options as well as several hacks in this version which give you extra information on the overview screen (overview mode, bottom info bar, ect).

To launch Primo turn on the GPS as you normally would, go to the Map screen, tap the globe on Chuck88's Mod 3.3 (bottom left), tap the bottom right icon (Applications Menu 1), tap Apps set 2 (second from the bottom on the right), and then tap the middle rightmost icon (Primo). It will kill eazyrider and show you windows explorer and a few seconds later Primo will launch. The sys file is set up to share your Maps, POIs, DEM and Building files with your iGo folder. Samantha was the only TTS voice I could get working, unfortunately and she only speaks through the units speaker. When you exit Primo it will reboot the unit, and if you minimize it will leave you in windows explorer. When the ignition is shut off or the power button is tapped it will send the unit to standby and it will resume to Primo when the car is turned on or the power button tapped.

Please leave any feedback you may have. I have no idea how to map the hard buttons to Primo (Map, Menu, scroll wheel, ect), if anyone does or can point me in the right direction please do so! Chuck, being the Avic wizard that you are perhaps you would have an idea or two on how to better integrate this into our units? Thanks for you patience in answering users questions on this site, much of the information you shared allowed me to get a better understanding of our Avic units and helped me get Primo working.

Hi There:

Is it possible to get step by step of files to install this in another mod? I have built mine over the last two years using a combo of bunch of different mods. I really would like to see how this looks.

Thanks

Jimbo

Hi There:

Is it possible to get step by step of files to install this in another mod? I have built mine over the last two years using a combo of bunch of different mods. I really would like to see how this looks.

Thanks

Jimbo

Sure, one way is to copy the Primo folder from the previously provided file to My Flash Disk/APL2/Primo. Verify that a path exists which is "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\Primo.exe". After the files are copied, use this Testmode on an SD card (it will auto-launch Primo when inserted in unit at startup):

http://hotfile.com/dl/128938576/9b50faf/Testmode.rar.html

Unfortunately I have found that launching using this method hinders performance in Primo. The map updates slower, the unit will not show backup cam and it will not go into standby properly. Note when you turn off the ignition it will not keep Primo in standby using this method; the unit will reboot when the ignition is turned on. It does however allow anyone to try out Primo with any custom mod. Simply remove the SD card and your unit will boot normally.

It is possible to use Primo installed on a SD card but the performance is much worse IMHO.

Sure, one way is to copy the Primo folder from the previously provided file to My Flash Disk/APL2/Primo. Verify that a path exists which is "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\Primo.exe". After the files are copied, use this Testmode on an SD card (it will auto-launch Primo when inserted in unit at startup):

http://hotfile.com/dl/128938576/9b50faf/Testmode.rar.html

Unfortunately I have found that launching using this method hinders performance in Primo. The map updates slower, the unit will not show backup cam and it will not go into standby properly. Note when you turn off the ignition it will not keep Primo in standby using this method; the unit will reboot when the ignition is turned on. It does however allow anyone to try out Primo with any custom mod. Simply remove the SD card and your unit will boot normally.

It is possible to use Primo installed on a SD card but the performance is much worse IMHO.

I did instal Chuck's mod and then added the Primo from your download. I really like it. So how can I make it work on my mod without using the SD card?

Jimbo

I did instal Chuck's mod and then added the Primo from your download. I really like it. So how can I make it work on my mod without using the SD card?

Jimbo

I'm not really sure, it took me a lot of time just getting it working with Chuck's mod. You would have to use the CopyTool and CopyTool.mscr from the extension folder in the original Primo link provided, and possibly MortScript from Chuck's Mod in the Extension folder. If you were to put these 3 files in a folder somewhere you would need to launch Copytool (this file kills easyrider and launches Primo), either by exiting to windows explorer and starting it or creating a link to the file somewhere in your mod. The files for this link (icon) in Chuck's mod were in the ui_pioneer folder from the Primo link provided.

Maybe eventually we can get a long press of the map button to launch Primo? (wishful thinking) I have no idea where to even start to do that however, hopefully someone in the forum with knowledge on the subject can lend a hand. In the meanwhile you are stuck with booting off SD or running Chuck's mod.

Hi ryar,

It is indeed very interesting what you managed to find, and sure it will breath new life on our aging AVICs.

However I would recommend you to start a new thread as the Primo's executio, by first killing iGo 8), will supersede the original intent of this thread. Of course you can post a link here to your new thread for this interesting finding, and I will follow that myself.

BTW, your idea to use another button to bring up Primo would good but the MAP LONGPRESS is currently used by Pioneer to set the LCD brightness, so have to find another mean ...

Best,

Chuck.