AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem at all, only that a new thread would be a logical choice.

I tried out Primo today and it is much more smoother. I can also see that the underlying architecture of the UI programming remains the same, so if one wishes, he can modding Primo just as iGo8.

For the time being, I don't like the color of the map, too dimmed; and the fact that when the destination is reached, you have to cancel the countdown timer or else, the program will exit automatically.

BTW, with my X710BT (or F7xx or F9xx or X9xx I guess), I have the sound from the car speakers when no route. When I have a route, there is no announcer voice. I don't know why ...

The map colour can be changed through map settings, I found a few more day and night map options (16 total) which I will post shortly. The program auto-exit upon reaching the destination can be shut off in GJA Settings, then arrival settings I believe. Also somewhere in the GJA settings is an option for night filter, which may be set out of whack. Weird about the sound from the speakers, I think there may be a few lines missing in the sys.txt file or perhaps it can share the voice with the original Igo as well. I'm looking forward to tinkering some more when I get a chance.

Hello Chuck and Ryar,

If you want more information about "Primo" look at this link:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=115670

I have in a SD version Igo Primo "SILVERandGOD_h_V6_0_800x480" and works with the voices in Spanish and English UK, also said speed cameras in those languages

To make it work I do in the same way that LeetLauncher

Sorry for my bad English

ryar, I have no more sound in Primo, not even the key click sound! :(

Not sure if I have to "Reset to Default" or delete the SAVE folder ... any hint?

Maybe you clicked the mute in the menu? (top right on the overview). Note if you restore to defaults or delete the save folder you will lose the extra information on the overview screen and get the blah regular version. If you delete and replace the save from the download your sound should work if it comes to that.

This version is 1.1 I believe, I tried using 1.2 but it lacked much of the information on the overview screen that I like. You can try any version which is 800x480, just use the sys,txt file from the one I uploaded and it should work. The version provided is my favorite!

I have no idea what the GJA means in GJA settings, probably the guy who modded it or something.

Hello Chuck and Ryar,

If you want more information about "Primo" look at this link:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=115670

I have in a SD version Igo Primo "SILVERandGOD_h_V6_0_800x480" and works with the voices in Spanish and English UK, also said speed cameras in those languages

To make it work I do in the same way that LeetLauncher

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks, i'll give it a try. Overview looks a little empty, though. Does the backlight control and hardware buttons work?

Maybe you clicked the mute in the menu? (top right on the overview). Note if you restore to defaults or delete the save folder you will lose the extra information on the overview screen and get the blah regular version. If you delete and replace the save from the download your sound should work if it comes to that.

This version is 1.1 I believe, I tried using 1.2 but it lacked much of the information on the overview screen that I like. You can try any version which is 800x480, just use the sys,txt file from the one I uploaded and it should work. The version provided is my favorite!

I have no idea what the GJA means in GJA settings, probably the guy who modded it or something.

Thanks ryar. I looked at the "About" screen and Primo's version is 8.5.11.161797. And yes, looks like GJA is the modder's initial. v1.2 should be his mod too.

Maybe if you use the v1.2 and your saved folder, all your options should be also available?

Hi,

i own a F700BT with testmode and an earlier 3.0 mod. I have read that there is a 4.0 since summer (which can be downloaded from the pioneer website). Now i am a bit confused. Are there new software features in 4.0 (or are there even new mods already) and is it worth going for it or should i just update to anything like chuck88 or chrome mod?

Hi,

i own a F700BT with testmode and an earlier 3.0 mod. I have read that there is a 4.0 since summer (which can be downloaded from the pioneer website). Now i am a bit confused. Are there new software features in 4.0 (or are there even new mods already) and is it worth going for it or should i just update to anything like chuck88 or chrome mod?

Please don't get confused with Pioneer AVIC firmware (FW) v3.0 or v4.0 and my iGo8 mod v3.0 and the latest v3.3.

You don't need FW v4.0 to running my iGo8 mods. It seems that there is very little change between FW 3.0 and 4.0. I have FW 4.0 and frankly, I can't really tell the difference. So just read the first post and install the latest mod 3.3.

Primo looks perfect.

But I'm also no sound. :?:neutral:

P. S. I found the tuning functions at run directly from the steering wheel ....

X710BT, sound is back. I muted it earlier I think.

Primo is good but the only drawback is that it is not integrated into the AVIC (i.e. MAP and MENU buttons no longer work, you have to shutdown Primo to gain back control).